Leap-Year Festival (2)

I'M BACK BITCHEEESS!!! So sorry for the waitt!!

Introduction:
The great fire

Long, long ago, the city was merely just a small town that relied on lumber for a living. They were a town that was surrounded by many oak trees after all.

But their only source of income had been taken from them, the moment that a single flame was lit up. This small, fickle flame spread across the oak trees, setting fire to the forest..

...including the very town that it surrounds.

The people of the village fled the burning forest, with feelings of sorrow and hopelessness.

Tightly clinging to their relatives, they stood with tears in their eyes, as they watched their only home turn to ashes. With all their hope lost, they can only pray that God has something else lying in wait for them.

But amidst their sorrow, immense rain has poured down their land, extinguishing the fire like it was a mere flame. They believed this to be the cause of the howling of the wolves they heard that night, as if they were calling out the rain to pour.

And from thereon after, they would pay homage to these wolves, offering them harvested crops from the past four years.

Thus, the Leap-Year Festival came to be.

— — — — —

As the play began, no one was able to take their gaze away from the stage, and was left with bewilderment.

The actor on the left side of the stage carries an unlit lantern, and the actor on the right side carries a burning torch.

" A ceremonial event that occurs only in every four years.. "

The actor carrying the torch spoke, walking forward into the front. He knelt down and placed the torch in a holder. He then stood up, bowing to the audience, and walking back to his original position.
The actor carrying the unlit lantern spoke, raising his right hand, taking one step forward.

" The ceremony shall begin, as we give our thanks to those whom brought us salvation. "

The two actors on stage began dancing gracefully, as each of the now lit lanterns they were holding swayed with them. An instrumental of cultural mixed with festival music were now played by three players; the shamisen player, the flutist, and the taiko drummer.

With the music gracefully making it's way to the audience's eardrums, they were all entranced. And of course, that includes our boy Zenitsu Agatsuma, who was sandwiched between the crowd of people that gathered there.

" Ugh.. so tight.. can't breath.. I have to get out of here... " He thought, deciding that the only thing he needs to do now is to break free from this narrow space, before he gets buried in there.

He ignored the play being held, so I won't be giving any more details concerning that. It's all told in the introductions anyway.

" Some..one.. help.. " Those were the last words that Zenitsu uttered, before his head was completely drowned into the horde of people.

" Ugh.. I can't.. believe I'm gonna die suffocating from a crowd. Goodbye, Nezuko-chan, Tokito, gramps, my life as a married man, I'll miss you all- " He thought, as he takes his last breath. Oh, the poor soul, will there be someone kind-hearted enough to save him from his struggles?