Nezuko's journey (6.5)

【PoV: Reader】

Hairo reached for his axe and got behind the sleeping demon. He planned to behead the demon, but his arms won't move a muscle.

It must be because he's worn off from chasing after the wounded young man.

He decides to give it up and sits from across the sleeping demon.

【PoV: Hairo】

Seriously.. if it weren't for Aiko's words, I would've killed off this shithead a few hours ago!

How's any other fucking demon different from the others?!

I take a calm sigh, and place my right hand on my chin. I gaze over to this demon in front of me, that which is sleeping without care.

I notice a piece of paper that's been covered by the demon's long hair. I quietly reach for it.

What the..?

It's a poorly drawn picture, there are seven figures standing in a single, straight column. They look like a family of some sort..

One of the figures resembles the demon in front of me.

...is this.. her family?

Wait- instead of seven... there's eight of them?

I shift my gaze to the very edge of the right side of the paper. The figure has burgundy colored hair and a set of earrings, as well as a scar on the left side of their forehead. It's unfinished, but it's still definable. Written above this unfinished figure were the words " Onii-chan".

This demon... also had a brother..? A brother.. like Aiko?
...I wonder what her brother is like? In a very big family like her's.. he must've been really loving towards his siblings.

But then another thought came in mind.

" ..This brother of her's, where is he now? Where are the rest of her family? Why is she all alone in the first place? "

Those new thoughts fill my head, as I slowly begin to sympathize with this demon. I never grew to realize it, but Aiko had told me once before..

" All demons were once human like us. Despite all the hurt they inflicted on others, they were once victims of that very cruelty. "

This demon, that's sleeping in front of me.. was also just another victim, isn't she? She was merely turned into one of them, isn't she?

This demon.. Nezuko Kamado, she must've gone through such pains alone..

Due to my big brother instincts, I reach out to the demon's head and patted her without noticing.

I see the demon slowly starting to wake. I put away my hand that patted her head, before she could even notice.

She raised her head up, and looked directly at me.

" ...What? " I irritatingly asked.

The demon in front of me tilted her head slight to the right. She kept looking at me directly in the eyes.

...
.......

What's her problem?!
Don't you have something else to do?!

Ah- she's scribbling something on a piece of paper.
What is it? 
Her handwriting sucks!

She handed it over to me, and stood up.
Written in the paper was:
" 'I.. have to go now. I don't want to cause any trouble. "

The demon girl then bowed her head before me, as if she is giving her thanks. Without saying a word, the girl just headed towards the door.

I watched her slide open the door to the outside. Somehow, a part of me felt as if the reason why this demon wants to leave is partially my fault.

I feel as if I need to do something before she could leave.

Without thought, I stood up and called to her. " Wait! "

I made the demon turn to me, but at that moment I was at a loss for words. I had thought deep in my mind what it is that I feel is missing.

The words that I want to say.

" A-are you just going to leave here and now? I mean- I'm fine with that! Since you have already given your thanks, but only to me." I exclaimed. Silence then reigned between us once again.

Then, I began talking once more.

" .. are you not going to thank my sister? " I asked.

" Aiko.. it was thanks to her that you're still alive, you know? "

【PoV: Reader】

During that moment, Aiko had entered the scene after watching over the young man in the other room. She was welcomed with an odd tension between the two, in which she had broken just by speaking.

" Are you two getting along well? " Aiko asked.

This made Hairo turn around and face his sister. He had a gentle expression, while Nezuko was still standing behind him.

" Nii-san? Kamado-chan? Is something the matter? " She asked again, worried about the two that didn't seem to respond to her first question.

Nezuko ran up to Aiko and raised her arms for a warm, comforting hug. Aiko was taken aback by this deed and had a hint to what was going on.

She glanced over to her brother, who was watching with with relief in his eyes. Aiko feels as if this bug is Nezuko's way of giving thanks to her, as she cannot rely on communication.

" I only wanted to help. " Aiko whispered, and their hug ended shortly after that.

Aiko grabbed the scarf she had sewn in earlier, giving it to Nezuko.

" This is my gift for you, Kamado-chan. "

" As long as you hold on tight to that scarf, our paths have a way of intersecting once again. "

Aiko, Hairo and Nezuko all got outside, where the wind is cold and the moon shines brightly. The two raised their hands and wave their goodbyes to the lone demon.

" Take care, Kamado-chan! "

=====

>Nezuko journeys independently once again! What kind of surprises does fate have in store for her now? Will she continue to get pursued by Muzan's followers? Or will she attract demon slayers to her?

> Next Chapter: A lone journey

> The next chapter I'm going to publish continues the present storyline, meaning you'll get to see Tokito-kun and Zenitsu! (Yay?)

>This time, they journey to a grand festival, but not to leisure around. They are to investigate the constant disappearances that occurs during that festival!