A painful yet beautiful emotion

[PoV: Reader]

A sudden hurricane strikes the shores of a certain village, that almost wiped out half of the village nearby. The houses, left in a wrecked state. The boats, destroyed by the waves, some were even drifted away to the waves.

A fourteen year-old girl was walking along the shore of the sea, she walks past what's left of the damage that the storm has done. It was in the middle of the night at that time, and the moon was at it's brightest. Across the waves, she comes across an unfamiliar face of a boy, someone she's never seen in the village before.

With a curious look, she walked to the boy, and greeted him.

" The moon is really bright today, isn't it? "

" ...They say that the sea is at it's calmest when the moon is  at it's brightest. This is a gift, this very scene, it's the treasure island at the end of a stormy sea. " The boy replied.

The boy looked at the sea, his eyes sparkling as he admires the quiet sea being lighted by the bright moon.

The girl giggled, and startled the boy next to her.

" It is truly a reward.. to see such a spectacular scene.. I am extremely grateful to be able to see this! " The girl gladly said, and smiled at the boy.

" I'm Hibana Saoinji! You, what's your name? " The girl named Hibana faced the boy and took out her hand to shake the boy's hand.

The boy hesitated at first, but shook the hand of the girl in front of him.
H

e smiled at her, and spoke with a gentle voice.

" Asahiro, my name is Asahiro. "

" I hope we can get along well, Asahiro-kun! "

[PoV: Asahiro]

She would always give me a smile, then she would look back at the sea, and we'd both admire how beautiful that scene was.

She never showed me her sadness, she only smiles in front of me, every time.... including that time.

I was unsure of the feelings I had when I was with her, strangely, my loneliness would disappear when I see her smile. Is this what the people would call...

' to belong'?

' to be cared for'?

...' To have someone important to you'?

I finally realized that time, that these feelings I have..

" When you feel that you want to protect that person, when you want to see them every time... when you feel glad just by seeing them.. "
She explained, as we both sat in the white sand. I buried by face, while she drew on the sand using a stick.

" That feeling's called love! "

Yes, that feeling.. Hibana said it herself, it was the painful emotion humans called 'Love'.

'Love' was nothing but a feeling that stabs you in the back, pulling you deeper down as it slowly destroys you.

It is a feeling that demons like me should never posses, and I regret harbouring this kind of feeling for a human.