A Little Mistake

Nightmare hid behind the table he had propped up to shield himself and Cross. Dust was stuck behind the kitchen counter. Horror had fucking LOST IT. He was panting, scratch marks down his skull from his own fingers as he let out wheezy laughter that sounded anything but joyful. Freak skittered back and forth uncertainly in front of him. "C'mon now! Don't be like THIS!" Freak trilled.

Horror's eye had lit up until a red glow came from every opening on his head. Freak clearly had damage from Horror, a few legs missing, along with his bottom jaw. They didn't even know how he was still speaking. "I didn't eat YOU, RIGHT?? Surely that's worth SOMETHING!" Nightmare was honestly shaken. He couldn't feel anything from Horror. No positivity. No negativity. No fear. No pain. No anger.

Just pure and simple bloodlust.

He peered out from behind the table, watching Horror. His glowing had stopped and his eye sockets had completely gone out. He stood, awkwardly lopsided for a moment. He was hunched over, his axe dug into the floor.

Then, Nightmare shrieked as Horror jerked forward, a demonic, raspy voice feverishly speaking. His entire body had lit up red. He had a smile that was so wide, Nightmare could see it tearing his face in half. He ducked back behind the table. Cross continued to peer out, seeming fascinated.

"Stab the little bastards!! Rip their hearts out and feed 'em to the bloody monsters! Those stupid savages will eat anything! Kill them!! Maim them, stab them, skin them, gut them!!" His voice didn't even sound like it was even alive, much less like Horror. They all watched in shock as Horror threw his head back, gripping it and dragging his fingers down the sides, digging into the bone. Around him, jagged, malformed bones were rising from the floor and the ceiling and the walls and materializing out of nowhere. "Lambs to the slaughter! Lambs to the slaughter! Lambs to the slaughter!!" Horror barked out, twitching and splintering. Red foam was frothing at his jaws.

Nightmare had never seen such raw power. But he could see cracks forming on Horror's body. This wasn't good. Horror's body was too fragile. It was going to give out. Horror continued to bark out and repeat that one line, keeping his head tipped back. The line became more and more garbled. Then, to everyone's shock, Horror convulsed and hunched over. He began to spit up fountains of blood.

He lunged at Freak and the other let out a screech in response, the house shaking.

————————————

Killer shoved Dream behind him as he opened the door. Immediately, he could damage. The floors were broken up, as were the walls and ceiling. Blood was shattered everywhere. Dream was shaking. "Take cover!" Both of them jumped as Nightmare hissed at them from behind the living room table, which he had propped up and was ducked behind with Cross.

Immediately, Killer dove to join Dust behind the kitchen counter. Dream was frozen for a moment, his entire body paralyzed. He shrieked as someone was thrown into the counter in front of him with a horrendous crack. He watched as Horror crumpled to the ground before his body twitched.

An insane, glowing red light was lighting up his entire body. He slowly turned to face Dream. He dragged himself towards Dream shakily, half of his head splintered open. A violent red glow seemed to almost be trying to escape his skull. "Lambs. Lambs. Lambs. Lambs." He muttered violently.

He dragged himself along the ground, twitching and foaming. Horror reached out towards him with shaking, blood-stained bony fingers. "Baa-aah. Baa-aah." The way Horror bleated at him in that crazed, breathy, inhumane voice as he dragged himself along the ground towards him almost made Dream stop breathing. He didn't realize he was crying until his vision blurred.