A Sad Tale

(Warning: Self-Harm)

Dream sat on his bed, staring down at the phone. A golden tear splashed down onto it. He was shaking. When he'd confessed, Killer had freaked out at him. Demanded to know why Dream was jerking him around. Why Dream was messing with him like this. He had wanted to know what kind of sick joke Dream was pulling. He didn't even give Dream time to speak. He had had anger and pain in his eyes, along with red tears. Dream had eventually run out of the room sobbing.

Dream's hand twitched. He slowly stripped himself of his pants. His inner femurs were marked up and had faint scars. He sighed, tears welling in his eyes. He hadn't done this since the accident with Nightmare. It hurt so much... but...

Dream reached down with a shaking hand and slipped it under his mattress. He pulled out an old pocket knife and flicked the blade open. The sight brought back so many memories. All of them bad.

Trembling, Dream lowered it and held it to an unmarked part of his leg. He took a deep breath. Why was he so fucking stupid? The first cut was made. He cried out softly. He never did anything right. Second cut. He inhaled sharply. He would always fuck up everything anyway. Third cut. He bit back his tears. Killer hated him and he couldn't even argue. Fourth cut. This one was deep and Dream broke down, sobbing. He dropped the knife, unable to continue for the moment.

Dust covered his floor and bedsheets. He sobbed into his hands. It hurt. It hurt so bad. His hands were shaking. He had to suppress his cries. He reached out for the pocket knife once again.

He couldn't do it. It hurt so bad... He inhaled shakily, golden tears running down his face, staining his cheeks. He wanted to die. He wanted to die. He wanted to die. He reached down and cringed before shakily picking up the knife. He raised it, summoning his SOUL and holding the knife to it. The door opened.

Dream didn't have time to react as a tentacle snapped forward and wrestled the knife out of his hands. Dream's SOUL snapped back to his body and he broke down, sobbing. He wailed. Nightmare stared at him as he threw the knife away. Dream cried quietly. "Holy shit..." Nightmare stared at his brother's legs in horror. "Dream, holy fuck... What're you trying to do?!"

His voice was shrill and his tentacles were all spiked. He quickly lifted Dream up with his tentacles and helped him to the bathroom, sitting him in the bathtub. "Dream..." He stared down at the other in dismay. Dream sobbed as he avoided his brother's gaze.

"Everything alright?" Killer's voice sounded. Dream inhaled sharply and his chest ached. Nightmare jumped as he seemed to feel the wave of pain from Dream and his eye lit up in fury.

Nightmare stormed over to the bathroom door and leaned out of it, bristling. "Get out." He said. Dream heard Killer start to speak, but Dream watched as Nightmare shook his head, leaving the bathroom to stand in front of the unseen door. "Get out!" Killer seemed to try to start arguing again but Nightmare slammed a fist into the wall. "GET! OUT!!" He barked, his tentacles all arched behind him. "YOU'VE CAUSED ENOUGH." Dream heard the door slam, shaking the wall as Nightmare growled.

Dream sat bare-boned in the tub, the floor becoming grey and clumped. He continued to sob into his hands. The only thing covering him was a yellow T-Shirt with grey stains on the bottom. Nightmare came in, shutting the bathroom door. He had a load of towels and a bottle of water and some painkiller. He set everything down before coming over.

His tentacles began to stretch out, moving around the bathtub. One turned on the water. One balanced the temperature perfectly between hot and cold and one unhooked the shower nozzle. It became a spray nozzle and Nightmare sighed as he looked down at the cuts. His eye raised to meet Dream's teary ones.