31. I swear my stomach did a backflip

"Tonight's been really fun."

"Yeah, I agree. I didn't know you could dance this well."

"My mom made me take some lessons when I was younger."

"Don't be embarrassed about that. I think it's amazing that you can actually dance."

"Thank you, I guess."

"Hey, Ella?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's sit down somewhere. I've got something on my mind and I really want to tell you."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Okay. I'm just going to say it. I hope it doesn't make things awkward between us, but I want to be honest to you about this."

"You can tell me."

"I think I like you. I know we've only known each other for a few weeks, but I do. Every time we talk it just feels right and when I first saw you tonight, I swear my stomach did a backflip."

"Oh."

"I'm not expecting anything from you, I want to make that clear. I'm not pushing you into anything. I know you're still figuring things out and I hope it doesn't change our friendship, because I love having you as a friend."

"..."

"Did I ruin it? Because I really just needed to get that off my chest. You know how I am. I just wanted to be honest. God, I should've just kept my mouth shut."

"No, it's okay. I'm just surprised, I guess?"

"Okay. Just... Do with it what you want. Take all the time you need to figure things out, I'm really not expecting anything. Even if you do like girls, you can still not be attracted to me. Don't feel like you owe me anything. Because you don't, okay?"

"Okay."

"Are we okay, though, Ella?"

"Yeah, it's just a lot to take in. But it doesn't change anything. I'll still be your friend, I promise."

"Okay, thank you."

"Of course."