38. I just had to keep eating

"Hey

"Hey."

"Hi, happy thanksgiving."

"Happy thanksgiving, Ella."

"So, are you having a fun time? Lots of family over?"

"Actually, it's just the four of us. Since we moved, our family lives hours away and we didn't bother to drive there."

"How? I cannot imagine not being with family for thanksgiving."

"It's kind of fun. We're not together a lot. Jordan moved out and dad's at work a lot, so it's nice just being together now. How's your day?"

"Really fun. I enjoy spending time with my cousins, even though I don't see them that often. Some of them are around my age and it's nice to not be the only kid, you know? And the little kids are just too cute."

"That sounds lovely."

"Yes, it is. Except maybe for the fact that I ate so much, my stomach hurts. I don't think I'll fit in any of my pants anymore."

"Of course. You really have an obsession with food, don't you?"

"Yes. Are you only realising that now? But how could I not? We had so many dessert, I just had to keep eating, couldn't let it go to waste."

"Poor you. Your life must be so hard."

"I'm just going to pretend I don't understand sarcasm."

"Do whatever you like."

"My cousins are getting inpatient, I'm going to have to hang up."

"Alright, have fun with them. And please, stop eating, Ella. I'm not going to roll you to school next week."

"Haha, so funny. Bye, Piper."

"Bye."