17. Are you laughing at me?

"Good morning?"

"Good morning?"

"Don't sound so confused."

"Well, I wasn't expecting you to call me this early. You're never up this early."

"Mom woke me up, apparently we had to have breakfast together as a family. I don't mind that, but why does it have to be at eight thirty on a Sunday?"

"..."

"Are you laughing at me?"

"I'm trying really hard not to."

"I'm just going to pretend this didn't happen and ask my question. What's your favourite place you've ever been?"

"Like a country?"

"Yeah, or could be a state or maybe a city, whatever."

"Hmm, we don't travel that often. I think it's London. We once travelled there when I was very young. I don't remember that much from it, but it was awesome."

"Ooh, nice. I've always wanted to go there."

"Now for my question, and I swear I already thought of that before this conversation, which is creepy. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?"

"I don't believe you. This really is creepy."

"Well, it's true. I did want to ask you that."

"Okay. I guess I would go to Paris. Or maybe Venice. Or Greece. No, definitely Paris. I just want to go to Europe actually. I've never been out of America and Europe seems to have some lovely places."

"That's true."

"When I'm older, and have the money of course, I'll travel all around Europe. And the rest of the world. There's so much places I want to see."

"Yeah, me too."

"Hey, Ella?"

"Yes?"

"I'm glad you showed me around that first day."

"Me too. It seems so long ago already, even though it's only been two weeks."

"Yeah."

"See you tomorrow?"

"Of course."