14. That's a bitchy move

"Hey, glad you're feeling better."

"Yeah, I couldn't keep letting you walk to school alone, right?"

"I already regret ever admitting I missed it."

"I missed you too. Hey, you look pretty tired, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, it was just a rough night. I didn't get much sleep."

"Oh, is something wrong?"

"I don't really want to talk about it."

"I know I haven't always been the kindest, but if you ever need to, you can talk to me."

"Yeah, I know. I guess I'm not much of a talker anyway. Not anymore, at least."

"You know what? I'll make it into my question of the day. We promised to answer them honestly."

"That's a bitchy move and you know it."

"Hey, stop running away. I'm just trying to help. Keeping everything inside won't help you. I won't tell anyone, I promise. Just tell me what's going on."

"Fine. It's about this guy. He used to be my best friend when we were younger, but he moved to the other side of the country years ago. We haven't talked in years. Normally, I don't think much about him. However, yesterday it was his birthday and I just missed him so badly all of a sudden. It seems like such a silly thing to be sad about."

"I'm guessing that's where yesterday's question came from."

"Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I should text him, but most times I think it won't change much."

"Hey, come here. It's not silly, okay? It's okay to feel sad and it's okay to still miss a boy, even after years. Don't be so hard on yourself, your feelings are valid. Don't dismiss them."

"Thanks, Piper."

"Anytime."

"I'm going to ask another deep question, so prepare yourself."

"Let me hear it."

"Do you believe in soulmates?"

"To be honest, not really. I don't believe you are destined to be with someone or anything. I'm guessing you do believe in them?"

"That's a second question, but yes, I do. Not necessarily in a romantic way, but I do believe that some people are meant to be in your life."