26. I'd rather spend it with you

"Hey

"Hey."

"Hi. I know I've seen you at school all day, but I got used to calling you about our questions, so I'm going to continue to do so."

"I'd like that. I have to admit that I kind of miss the questions. Like, it was really intense, but also lots of fun."

"Yeah, I feel you. Honestly, it was such a good way to start off. Without them, we definitely wouldn't be where we are now."

"Exactly! I've had some friends who I had known for years and yet, I didn't know them as well as I think I know you now. And that while it's only been like three weeks."

"Sometimes it feels like I've know you my whole life. It's quite scary, I have to admit."

"I'm really glad you were the one to show me around. I know I've said that before, but I really mean it."

"I'm glad too."

"Hey, Ella?"

"Yes?"

"I've been thinking. Homecoming is next week and you're the only one I really know around here. So I was wondering if maybe we could just go to homecoming together? As friends, I mean."

"Yeah, I'd like that. It's not as if I had a date anyway."

"I'm sure you could get plenty."

"I'd rather spend it with you, though."

"I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said."

"Don't get used to it."

"I won't."

"I'm getting really tired. See you tomorrow."

"Goodnight."