Chapter 12 - Heart broken

German's POV:

Did I seriously came here to see Angie and the count kissing and hugging?! God, why did I agree to come?!

I feel like my heart is breaking into a million pieces, but honestly... I think this is my punishment for all the bad that I did with her. I maybe just should be happy for her, accept her relationship with him and move on since I'm about to get married to Priscilla...

As I was thinking I suddenly heard the young Morcerf talking to his friend about the count...

- See, Franz? I told you that he's not a bad man! Look, how happy he is! I must say as I'm looking at him it makes me tear up in happiness too!

- I don't know, Albert... Something's still up with him, I know! - said the other boy, called Franz - I don't trust him and you shouldn't either!

- Say whatever you want, but I trust him! I trust him and I'm glad to see him truly happy!

- Whatever!

I then decided to interrupt a little bit...

- Excuse me, but can I have a question to you? - I asked, trying to be as polite as possible.

- Of course, Mr. Castillo! - said Albert.

- When did you two meet the count first?

- It was in Rome not so long ago... Around a few months maybe - relied Franz.

- I see. And did you see Angie with him back then?

- There she wasn't, but he introduced her to us in Paris.

- Aha...

- I think they really do love each other - Albert said as he turned back to watch the count and Angie who was now smiling and laughing together - I don't know where and when did they meet, but I'm quite sure that she's the one who makes him happy in the past few days...

- Why do you say all this in that sad tone? - questioned his friend Franz.

- I just feel like he was so lonely in his entire life... But lately they grew closer and both seem so much happier.

Franz looked suspicious and so did I, then I thanked them and went back to Priscilla, but I don't know how long I can stand this. I feel like my heart is breaking into million tiny pieces whenever Angie and the count kisses each other.

Angie's POV:

- Thank you so much, Angie... You have no idea how happy you've made me... - said Edmond while trying to calm himself down.

- You deserved it - I replied as I was kissing his cheek softly.

- I knew I did the right thing when I stopped you from killing yourself... - he smiled then pulled me closer and kissed me passionately on the lips. I swear my heart almost jumped out of my chest as he did that.

- And I'm glad it was you who found me that time... - I said and smiled back at him.

Now I could feel German's gaze on me and when I looked at him he seemed so sad that it kinda broke my heart, but what can I do? It's his fault that what happened and why we're like this now and not mine! I wanted to be with him, but he ignored me... Now he's the one suffering, but honestly I don't understand why since he got the jealous Priscilla there...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later we went home together and both of us were really happy.

- Thank you so much for everything - said Edmond, smiling - The past 15 years this day was the happiest one... And I'll never forget what you did for me... - he said as he began to kiss my neck slowly and passionately - You are the best thing that happened to me since I got out of that hell hole...

- Oh... my... - I moaned while he was kissing me and hands were running down on my body - What are you ah... doing?

- I'm doing what I've desired for a long time now... - he whispered into my ear then he suddenly picked me up in bridal style - And I'm not gonna stop now... Of course only if you don't want me to either...

I immediately know what he has desired and it was the same as me. I've wanted to feel how passionate he can be as well...

- Then do it... - I said with a playful smile - No one's gonna stop you...

- This is why I love you... - he smirked teasingly at me.

He just smirked at me and took me to his room which I've never been in before, but he didn't let me even look around and you can guess why...