Chapter 39 - Beginning of disaster: Part 1

German's POV:

- German, I'm moving out... - said Priscilla as she looked sternly at me.

- Uhm... Vilu... Can you leave us alone for a minute. - I asked her and she just nodded and went upstairs. When she left I looked at Priscilla - Why do you want to leave all of a sudden?

- All of a sudden? I think it's not that sudden, German... Since lately you have been spending so much time with Angie that you didn't notice how I feel...

- What? This is...

- This is true. Don't try to deny it because I saw what I saw.

- What... Did you see exactly?

- That how you gave her that necklace... That with how much love you look at her... You obviously love her so you would be better go after her than keeping me here for nothing...

- Priscilla - I sighed then I walked closer to her and held her hands gently - Priscilla you're the only woman in my heart that I love and want to marry... No one else, okay? Angie has a boyfriend anyway and I wouldn't go into someone that has a boyfriend... I love you - I said as I pulled her closer by her waist and kissed her cheek.

She hesitated for a few seconds then just smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

- Okay - she smiled - And I love you too.

Woah... That was close. I don't want to lose her now that I've given up on Angie. I don't want to end up alone again...

----- TIME SKIP -----

A few days later Angie came over to my house again to see Vilu because they didn't have Studio and they agreed to go to the cinema.

- Dad! Don't you want to come with us too? - Vilu asked me before they left.

- Uhm... I...

- You don't have any work today and everyone is out. Do you want to stay here all alone??

- Hmm... You know what? Okay, I'm in too! - I said and they both giggled on the way I did.

Then we left to go to the cinema and watched a movie while we had a good time together... Atleast I enjoyed it and the girls seemed to like it too.

----- TIME SKIP -----

We arrived back home from the cinema and Angie got a phone call almost at the same moment as we entered the house.

- Hello! - she started - Huh?... Now?.... Okay, I'll be there in a short time! - she said the hang up and turned to us - Sorry, but I have to go now... But I will see you later, Vilu - she said the kissed her cheek - And you too, German - she continued then kissed my cheek and quickly left the house.

And from that moment we haven't seen her for 2 days. She told us that she got quite busy, but I had a feeling there is something else behind it. Maybe she wanted to avoid me, or the count wanted her to be away for a while... I don't know, but these times I realize that how much I need her in my life.

----- TIME SKIP -----

On the 3rd day Ramallo came up to me in the kitchen, slightly shocked with a newspaper in his hand.

- Are you okay, Ramallo? - I asked him - You look like you've seen a ghost!

- Look! - he said as he handed me the newspaper and the first thing that caught my eyes was an article of Fernand de Morcerf: The traitor liar who killed Ali Tepelin and that's how he became famous and rich.

What the hell?!

As I was reading Angie arrived too and came behind us as she read what I read too and all she said was:

- That's what you get for betraying your friend.

Then she took a deep breath when I turned around to face her.

- What did you mean by that? - I asked her, but she just shaked her head.

- I always knew that something's not right with him. I never truly liked him at all. Anyway... Vilu is at home?

- Yeah... Upstairs... - I said.

She just smiled, kissed my cheek then went upstairs, but she seemed really weird. I think she knows something about this...