Chapter 15 - Mercedes

Angie's POV:

That night I went back home, straight to my room when I realized that Edmond was sitting there at my desk, looking into the distance.

- What are you doing in my room? - I asked him confused.

- Oh! Welcome home, dear - he said and smiled - And I was just thinking...

- Thinking about what? - I said as I walked closer to him and kissed his cheek.

Then he suddenly pulled me into his lap.

- Thinking about what happened at your meeting...

- It went well - I replied - We could talk like old friends again... But the whole time I felt like he wanted to say something...

- Like what?

- I don't know...

- Something like "I still love you"?

I gasped.

- That can't be!

- And how about you?

- I don't love him on that way! I don't and even if I would...

- But you don't... - he cut me off and leaned closer to me - But if you don't love him... Then who do you love? - he asked on a quite cheeky tone while he was grinning at me.

- Why do I feel like that since that night you're cheekier than before? - I questioned him as I also leaned closer that our lips almost touched.

- You're the one doing this to me - Edmond replied then placed both his hands on my cheeks - And because you gave my life back... You made me realized that I'd be too stupid if I'd give up my life for revenge... You're my new life and I'd do anything to see you happy...

As he was saying that it brought tears in my eyes.

- And you gave me back my happiness... - I replied softly then kissed him lovingly on the lips.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next morning I decided to make some breakfast for Edmond before leaving to the Studio.

- Ah, Angie... - he sighed with a smile when he saw me at his room's door - You really didn't have to...

- I know... but I wanted to - I replied and placed the tray on the table.

- Come here, dear... - he said and I went to sit on the side of his bed. He smiled, took my hand and pulled me into his bed then got on top of me and kissed me on the lips without saying anything then he began to kiss my neck slowly.

- Ah... E-Edmond... - I moaned.

- You're not going anywhere yet... - he whispered.

- Well... Then I won't... Ah! - I moaned out kinda loud when he began biting my neck and... Let's just jump with time, okay?!

----- TIME SKIP -----

I went to the Studio after Edmond finally let go of me and began to work.

Now that I think about it he's more healthy than he was before... He had a really bad sickness, but since we're here he seems fine... I don't know if it's the air here, or.....

As I was thinking about this suddenly Pablo came up to me in the music room.

- Mrs. Morcerf is in the teacher's room and wants to speak to you - he said.

- Eh? What does she want??

- I don't know. She only wants to tell you...

- Okay... I'm coming in a minute then - I sighed as I got my stuff and went to the teacher's room - Good day, Mrs. Morcerf - I greeted her and without realizing how sternly I said that.

- Angeles... - she replied.

- Just call me Angie... I like that more.

- Alright, Angie...

- So why are you here?

- I want to invite both you and the count to a party that count Morcerf organizing on the next month's first Friday...

A party, huh?

- Okay, I will tell this to him too and we'll see if we're going, or not.

- Him and my son became good friends... - said Mercedes - He also would be happy if he'd come...

I was about to answer when Beto fell into the room literally.

- Ah... I-I'm sorry... - he moaned as he stood up again and went to his desk - I... Am I interrupting something?

- Well uhm... Depends on if Mrs. Morcerf wants something more to say... - I replied, looking at her.

- Nothing more... - she muttered. She seemed shocked by Beto which I am not surprised about.

As we walked out of the teacher's room and she was about to get into her car she turned back to me...

- That guy is always so...

- Clumsy? - I finished her sentence with a smile - Yes, he is... He can be even more weird though, but this is why everyone loves him here.

For some reason a sad smile appeared on her face as I said that then she got into her car and left. I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me to go to that party though, but I'll tell Edmond about it first and he's better decide.