Chapter 40

GRRRR WATTPAD IS BEING MEAN

EARLY UPDATE  BC I WANT TO. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL THAT CELEBRATE IT! (It is Bernie bc Katie cant update)

BTW this chapter is describing the past, and I am also making the wedding the next chapter instead of 44 because this is dragging and I'm ready to end it XD

Kate's POV

My heart started pounding as I made my way with Harry to the park. I was nervous of so many things I cant decide.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?" He asked glancing down at me.

"What happened when I was gone for 5 years?" The question was random, and obviously caught him off guard.

"Well, uh. Niall had a baby with Annie, obviously. Zayn and Liam got engaged and Louis hasn't popped the question to Brook yet."

"Well, I know this. I mean with you." I looked at the ground as we continued to walk hand-in-hand.

"Oh, well uh." He scratched the back of his neck with his free hand. "I got drunk a lot, and started doing drugs, yet again."

"Harry," I sighed and stopped us. "Why? Why would you do this?"

"I needed to get you off of my mind and that was the only way to do it. My mind was in the clouds, my heart was under the ground. I was so lost and confused." He looked down at me with regret in his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me? We were still friends."

"I was scared you would leave me again because of my drug problem."

"Sure, I may have been mad, but I would've gotten over the fact."

"I'm so sorry Katelyn, please don't be mad."

"I'm not Harry. You should have just told me." We continued walking in silence until we reached the beach. I sat on a fallen tree and he stood between my legs.

"If only I knew how you felt. I would've stopped a-" I cut him off by connecting our lips. He took this by surprise until his hands traveled to my waist from my legs. My hands got tangled in his hair, pulling at the roots.

His tounge slipped into my mouth gently exploring. Our tongues battled for dominance until he won. We broke apart, leaning on eachothers foreheads for support. I stared into his emerald green eyes and melted in his arms.

"You never told me what happened with you and Luke."

"Lets just say childhood friends are no longer friends."

"Is it because of your graduation day when he hurt you?"

"I guess, but things were falling apart before that. I had a feeling he was cheating on me when he would go to gigs or on tour and that worried me." I took a deep breath and leaned back. "I would cry at night wishing it all wasn't true."

"But it was?"

"Yeah, it was. He made it up to me, but there was still this huge gap in my heart. Do you know how it feels to be chaeted on?"

"No, I don't," he sighed and sat next to me on the tree. "I always thought he was the goodguy to rescue you from my grasp."

"Why would you say that?" I chuckled at him.

"Several reasons." We became silent until I broke it.

"So, what happened between you and Robin?"

"How did y-"

"Your mother."

"Damn her." He sighed and glanced back up at me. "Did she tell you everything?"

"Just that you told him you wanted him dead and out of your life."

"That about sums it up." He rubbed his face. "There's more. You remember when I used to cut? Well, one reason was because my dad left, and the other reason was because I hated Robin, absolutely despised him. I couldn't take thay he took so much attention away from my mother and I. It got me so aggravated!"

I sighed with him. "Did you ever think that he made your mom happy after your dad left?"

"You want to know how many times I tried convincing myself that was the truth?"

"No, Harry. That's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?!"

"Do not raise your voice with me." I glared at him with a stern voice.

"Sorry." He mummbled and looked away from my glare.

"I meant, maybe she knew all along and didn't want to believe it. Maybe this isnt Robin's or your mother's fault. Maybe it was your father's."

"But why would he leave me? He was the closest to me in the world Kate!" He broke down in tears. I knew this topic would get him hard.

"I can't answer that Harry. Maybe you should talk to him."

"How can I talk to him when I haven't spoken to him in almost 15 years?" He looked up at me with tear filled eyes.

"I-I-"

"Ecactly." He placed his face in his hands and sobbed a little longer.

"Come on, lets go get some ice cream."

"But we had desert at Nandos..."

"I dont care. I want ice cream. Come on! Lets go!" I laughed and pulled him along with me. He smiled a bit and ran with me to the ice cream parlor across the street from the beach.

"I love you, you know that?" He smiled wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"If I didn't, I wouldn't be here." I joked and kissed his lips. "I love you too."

@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*

The next chapter is the wedding, I REPEAT, THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE WEDDING.

-K