Until Next Time

"I can't believe you have to leave again tomorrow." I sighed as I layed my head on Keaton's bare chest. "I know, I don't wanna think about it because I don't want to spend another day without you guys. It hurts me so much not being able to watch your stomach grow up until that final moment when it's time to rush to the hospital because of our kids being brought into this world." he said as he took a deep breath. I thought about that day so many times before, and now the thought and sight of Keaton not being there by my side makes me even more scared. "Hey, Keats?" "Yeah babe?" "Remember the day I told you I was pregnant and how I was scared?" "Yeah, of course it was one of the best days of my life. Why you ask?" "Well, to be honest I'm still scared and I don't want to have to do this without you there." "I know, I wish I could be there too, but you'll have Shayna, Luke, Michael, Ashton, Calum, My Sisters, Your Mom, Dad, and Your Brother and Sister, My Mom, My Dad, everyone." "But not you. I want you there." I said as the tears came pouring out. "I know, and it's killing me inside." he said as he wiped yet another tear from my cheek. I leaned back into his side and we eventually fell asleep talking to each other. The next morning I woke up to find the spot next to me was empty, and nothing was there besides a note on his pillow saying "Good morning beautiful, by the time you see this I will probably be gone. I couldn't take the pain in having to say goodbye to you again. So, I left this for you. I love you so much, take care of our babies. XOXO, Keats" Another tear escaped as I quickly got up out of bed in hopes that he'd still be here. I ran outside just in time, he was just getting in the car when I yelled. "Keaton wait!" he turned around and ran towards me. "I was hoping you'd be up to say goodbye, I know the note says I couldn't take it, but I'd rather your beautiful face be the last one I see until I get back." "I'm glad I caught you too because I'd be upset if I didn't get one last hug and maybe even one last kiss until next time?" He pulled me into one last hug and crashed his lips into mine. I pulled away, "Until next time?" "Until next time." he smiled before getting into the car and going to Wes's. I walked back into the house and went back to bed and watched Netflix for the rest of the day.