The demon and the swordsman

[PoV: Reader]

In the ancient era of Japan, there exists demons, evil creatures that lurks in the night, taking the lives of innocent humans. They possess horrid appearance, with sharp fangs and inhuman strength.

And, there exists an association unrecognized by the government, fighting, risking their lives, to kill these demons. They are called demon slayers, swordsmen who kill demons in order to save humans.

A certain demon slayer, sitting above- in the highest rank, is Muichiro Tokito, the Mist Pillar. Pillars, are the highest rank in all of the ten ranks, and there are currently nine of them, Muichiro included.

This swordsman was young, the youngest of the pillars, at the age of fourteen years old. This young man has always been emotionless in killing demons, never thinking twice. Muichiro was given a mission to defeat a lurking demon in the east, but, because of his careless attitude and his ignorant mind in the clouds, he lost track of his way.

He stumbled upon a village right next to a mountain, but he couldn't care less about what's going on around there. The village at that time was quiet, every villager was asleep after all. Some were already awake, working hard for their loved ones. He passed through the still quiet village and fearlessly entered the dark mountain. The crickets can be heard loudly, every step he takes can be heard loud and clear.

Muichiro felt something odd, but couldn't make out what exactly it is. Right until he was attacked by a young girl, who seems to be a demon. The demon girl had blood all over her, wounds all over her body, and like any other demon, had sharp white fangs.

She wore a pink colored yukata, and had long dark brown hair with orange tips. She pushed him into the forest, and attempted to eat him. But Muichiro was fast, and pushed away the girl immediately. Muichiro had a hunch that this girl was turned into a demon, and is ready to eat humans. He didn't think and decided to kill the demon girl, his blade was halfway deep into the girl's neck, when, he heard the demon speak.

" B..bro..ther... M..mo..ther.. "

The demon girl could hardly complete a word, but Muichiro understood what she said. He suddenly got distracted when the demon girl started crying in front of him. This was strange, and somehow new to Muichiro. Even so, he decided to continue cutting her neck.

Though in her deathbed, the demon girl used all her strength and kicked away Muichiro. She bore he fangs and her sharp nails, and protected herself from the demon slayer. Muichiro stood up, and was prepared to fight the demon, when, she ditched him and ran upwards. Muichiro followed her up the mountain and saw a gory scene.

A woman, four boys, and a little girl. A whole family was slaughtered, their bodies lie cold in the white snow, all covered in blood. Even though it was in the early morning, Muichiro can see the demon girl embracing her family's dead bodies.

" Mo...mother.. Big.. brother.. Ta.. keo.. Ha...na..ko.. Rok..uta.. Shi..gure..! "

The Demon recited all of their names, though she was struggling to speak. Then, she stood up, Muichiro saw her back, and calmly placed his sword down. The girl didn't notice him, she was looking for something, perhaps the one who slaughtered her family?

" Where .. is he ..? "

She asked, Muichiro still hasn't made a move on her and watched. He forgot about why he was there in the first place, to kill the girl.

He picked his blade up again, and prepared to attack the girl. The demon girl didn't notice him running to her, Muichiro placed his blade in the demon's wounded neck, but she didn't respond. She looked as if she was sorrowful, she looked at Muichiro with grief in her eyes, she looked as if she was still human.

" Ever...yone... I..I'm sorry..."

She silently said, and afterwards, passed out in front of Muichiro. Muichiro was troubled, he didn't know what he would do to the sleeping demon. He should have killed her right on the spot, but, somehow, his arms are resisting his command. He kept telling himself how easily he can kill the girl, but he didn't do it. Muichiro knows he's disobeying the demon slayer corps, and, as a pillar, it is even a bigger issue.

The exhausted youngster decided to take a nap, his hand clung to the mint green tinted sword slightly stained with the demon girl's blood. The demon girl was lying right next to him, her neck slowly started healing itself as she slept. Muichiro awoke after the sun shone in his face, it was already morning. The first thing he did was open his eyes, and then felt the need to check the demon girl. He looked around, and the girl was nowhere to be found. When he had thought the girl burned to ashes, he heard a sound coming from behind the bushes. When he came over to check, he saw the demon girl, but, it's not quiet her... but more like a little version of her.

" ..she can turn small? " He thought, and tried to reach out to her.

" What's your name? You should have a name, right? " He asked again, still trying to reach out to her.

Sadly, the demon didn't respond to his question, and just stared blankly. Muichiro had no idea how to deal with her, and, for her safety, Muichiro placed her in a basket once filled with coal and carried her. Surprisingly, in her size, she fits. Muichiro decided to take the girl with him.

But that task is no easy feat, especially when there are other demon slayers wandering different places. He has to be careful, and hide her from the demon slayer corps. And maybe, when he travels with the demon, maybe he'd find the reason why he didn't choose to kill her.

========================

Hello, this is Index of Jokes.
This is the very first demon slayer Fan Fiction I have published in wattpad.

Uh, please don't hate me for killing off Tanjiro in this fan story.

But, doesn't it make you readers curious as well? That maybe Nezuko ended up alone and is accompanying a pillar that kills demons with no mercy whatsoever.

Well, it sure is interesting for me!

What do you guys think, though?