f o u r

"She wanted to hear it again and again, on repeat

again and again, on repeat."

•••

"I DON'T WANT to know where those kids go anymore." Reese whispers softly once Leanne is gone. "Because wherever they're going, Hally is too."

"I disagree." Luna says a-matter-of-factly. "This makes me want to know where they're going even more."

"It doesn't matter." Juno spits. "Even if we did know where they were going, it's not like the four of us could do anything to change that." She pushes her tray away from her. "We tried to find out what what was going on and what happened? We lost Vera."

The girls shrink under Juno's stare. She hadn't been like this in a while. The last time she had acted this was, was when the first group had escaped the Maze. That was three years ago. "She could still be alive." Luna mumbles softly.

"Even if she was it wouldn't matter." Juno snaps. "They have her."

Kiko sits up w little straighter. "Okay, but maybe we're just overreacting. Maybe she's alive and she did get brought to a safe-haven?"

Juno shakes her head. "As much as I want to believe that, let's start being honest." She leans her head in and speaks quietly. "We saw bodies. They were unmistakable."

Reese glances around at the guards around them. "I want to go back to our room. We can talk more without being heard there."

Kiko shakes her hear. "What about Leanne? She doesn't know how to get back."

They turn to see the boy Hally had first pointed out, Thomas, getting up and trying to leave the cafeteria to see his friend. "Damn, their group doesn't know how to follow the rules either." Reese chuckles lightly.

Juno looks over at the table where the new girl is. "Well, we might as well go introduce ourselves." She stands up and puts on a happy face.

As they approach the table, Juno hears Leanne say something that changes her mind about her. "I feel like I was pulled out of the Maze just to be forced back into another one." Juno suddenly feels guilty for leaving the girl in the dark about what they've been discussing.

Kiko clears her throat beside Juno, catching Leanne's attention. The teens with their backs to them turn so they're facing them. "Hi." The boy in the blue shirt smiles. "I'm Thomas."

Juno smiles, and for a second she wonders if she looks too friendly. Shaking that feeling off, she introduces herself.

The blonde boy who Juno had made eye contact with earlier speaks. "I'm Newt." The second he speaks, Juno can feel her heart skip a beat. The voice was familiar. It was the voice she had heard in her head earlier. What the hell? The introductions continue and Juno's pulled out of her train of thoughts when the spiky-haired boy introduces himself, then smirks at her. She blushes, although she doesn't know why she is blushing. She wasn't embarrassed by the gesture. It was the whole good-girl act that brought out the blush; the act that she put on for Mr. Janson and his goons.