t w e n t y s i x

•••

•••

UPON THEIR SEARCH for the berg that the Right Arm had planned on leaving behind, Jorge and Juno seemed to be in luck.

They found the aircraft being flown by Vince as he came to aid them. It seemed that he couldn't sit behind while they put their lives at risk — and Juno was grateful for that. She made sure Vince knew it, multiples times, which meant that by now he was annoyed with the girl and Jorge was forcing her down onto a seat away from the pilot's seat.

"June, stop stressing," Jorge tells her, watching her fingers tug at a loose string at the hem of her shirt. He takes her small hands in his larger ones and squeezes in reassurance. "They'll be fine. We've made it this far, they're fighters."

Juno huffs out, nodding her head. "I know they are, but I'm worried. I just wish I was there."

She was worried and she felt guilty. She should be there — standing alongside Newt while they helped get Minho out, bringing down WICKED as a team. That's what they had been these past six months; a team, a family. They worked together to stay alive and Juno wanted to work with them to end it all, but she could not be there.

She had not volunteered to go with Jorge, but both Jorge, Brenda and Newt were insistent that she go with the older man and help him with their escape plan. But that was just it; things had to go to plan for everything to work, and when did their plans ever follow through?

There was a high chance their plan was going wrong for her friends — especially because she held no trust in Lawrence. The man only chose to help them seeing as he held a hatred towards WICKED. They all did, however this man was dead-set on bringing the organization down. All they wanted was Minho, but he wanted to watch WICKED burn to the ground.

Truly, Juno wanted to bring WICKED down, but that did not involve killing their workers in punishment. There was an urgent need to survive, and some of these people only complied with the evil organization for this need. They weren't innocent, but honestly who was in this world? Whoever was must have gone through a great deal of work to stay that way.

"We'll be there soon." Vince reassures from the pilot seat.

"Yeah, but not soon enough." The girl grumbles under her breath.

Jorge shoots the girl an annoyed glare before getting up to speak with Vince quietly.

Meanwhile, it takes Juno everything to not try and reach out to one of the boys with her link. But an intrusion right now could be a distraction and she didn't want to risk anything. Plus, hearing their panicked voices would do nothing to soothe Juno's running thoughts.

Instead, she closes her eyes and breathes in slowly, then out slowly. Focusing on her breathing, the girl is able to take her mind off her worry and calm down — at least, calm her nerves a little.