t e n

"That doesn't matter right now

"That doesn't matter right now."

•••

JUNO ALMOST WANTED to tell the other that she had told them so, but they were all in a bad mood already. She was annoyed, but didn't voice her opinion. June knew that Thomas didn't have a real plan, and now they found themselves here, hanging from the ceiling by their feet over a large hole, which they couldn't see the end of in the darkness.

"Good plan, Thomas. "Just hear what the man has to say."" Minho mocks Thomas. "Really working out for us."

"Shut up, Minho." Thomas responds to Minho, rolling his eyes. At least it looked like he did to Juno.

"You shut up, Thomas." Leanne snaps. Juno looks over at the red-faced girl. "You got us into this mess." She can't tell if Leanne's red face is from the blood rushing to her head of it it's red from anger. Maybe it was both.

"Enjoying the view?" Jorge asks, coming out from the shadows.

"What the hell do you want?" Leanne asks, obviously fuming.

Juno lets her arms hand loosely; her head was beginning to hurt and her feet tingled. She just wanted to be let down, and to go back to sleep. She couldn't help but wonder how long they had slept before Thomas woke them up - it couldn't have been long. Only a couple hours, maybe.

"That is the question." Jorge steps close to the edge. "My men want to sell you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small." He tells them. "I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either."

"Is the blood rushing to my head, or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho asks. Another word Juno didn't recognize, but could at least infer what it meant. The longer she spent with them, the more she realized that they had created their own slang in their Maze. Earlier in the day, she had heard Frypan call Thomas a "Greenie". Only after asking Newt what it meant did she really understand.

"Tell me what you know about the Right Arm." Jorge demands lowly.

"I thought you said they were ghosts." Newt frowns.

"I happen to believe in ghosts." He looks towards Newt. "Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves." He walks around to rest his hand on a lever. "You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal."

"We... We don't know much." Thomas tells him.

He pushes the lever and Juno feels the pressure at her feet give for a moment before it's pulled taut. June groans. Now her ankles hurt even more.