f i v e

"You know him, so if you're worrying it means there's something to worry about, right?" •••

"You know him,
so if you're worrying it
means there's something to
worry about, right?"

•••

DINNER WAS A little better for Juno. She had picked up an appetite and had actually found herself eating her food instead of pushing it around on her plate.

She was beginning to realize that maybe this place was good in the end. She was grateful for the food and warm beds they had been given. Maybe if her name was called, she would be sent to a better place. Although, she did hope that if that was the case she would be sent to the same safe-haven as her friends, including Leanne and maybe even Newt. She really just wanted to have a close-to normal life from this point on. Of course, she could never have what used to be the norm, because of the virus and WICKED. The dreams she had never allowed herself to imagine were slowly creeping into her mind.

The cafeteria quiets down as Mr Janson steps in to read the names off of his list.

As he begins to call names, Leanne mumbles to them. "I want to know where the kids go."

Juno wasn't shocked. Of course if this girl had snuck out at night to snoop around she would want to know the inevitable. Juno barely even knew the girl and she had taken a liking to the girl immediately, so she knew that she would protect her new friend at any cost, that cost being her life.

"Don't be a fool." Luna mumbles. "If you try to go you'll get in trouble."

Juno nods, agreeing with Luna. It would be stupid for Leanne to go now. She had already gotten into a fight with some guards, and with her bruised face she would stand out.

"I don't care. I need to know."

"And last but not least, David." Janson finishes up. "Thank you for your attention. Enjoy the rest of your evening." The doors open and the teens called begin to file out.

Juno watches Leanne carefully, studying her as she looks over at the boys from her Maze. It seemed Leanne was also ready to risk it all for her friends. The new addition to the group stands up and mumbles a small "oh no." Juno immediately follows her gaze towards Thomas, who tries to follow the teens but gets stopped. Almost as if he's accepted that he won't make it through, Thomas turns to leave. Instead of leaving, he turns back around and launches himself at the guard. "Shit!" Leanne exclaims, beginning to make her way towards Thomas quickly.

"Lea!" Juno gets up and follows Leanne. She didn't want her new friend to end up like Vera.

Juno stops a couple steps behind Leanne as she pulls Thomas away from the guard. Minho arrives next, helping her while Newt comes to stand at Juno's side. The boys are all yelling at Thomas to stop.