book cover / the fall of hazel collins

16.01.20

for / adorablybitchy

this took me so long to actually even get started on the cover aah i genuinely forgot to add your request to the queue i'm really sorry i accepted it via private messages so i didnt remember until a lot later. 

but yeah as for the cover itself the ideas were kind of tough to try and incorporate and i also tried to follow the aesthetic preference you have in terms of the design (same font style as the howler cover, selfie font, etc.) as best as i could. the colouring was also really tricky to do just because you did specify rose gold/red ish, if i remember correctly? it didn't go too well with the monochrome filtering i had so i made a main cover in what i believe suits it the best though i did make a few others just having only altered the colouring to see which one you'd prefer

 the colouring was also really tricky to do just because you did specify rose gold/red ish, if i remember correctly? it didn't go too well with the monochrome filtering i had so i made a main cover in what i believe suits it the best though i did ...

(this one, above, is somewhere of a mix between the blue and purple and i added a slight dimensional effect as well that isnt in the other colour options but i could recreate the effect if you'd prefer it on one of the other options)

but yeah if you like them and choose to use any one of them, tell me which one and i'll send over the link for higher quality. enjoy!

IMPORTANT

in other news, this is the last request! i'm not entirely sure if i will reopen back again in this book yet for multiple reasons:

a) the time i take in completing the requests is entirely sporadic, as is my work motivation and the summer holidays for me is ending soon-ish which means i'll have less free time. ergo, if i do open again some of the requests may be very delayed

b) i have been considering reopening requests in a new book/graphic portfolio since the chapter count on this one is getting rather high and i'd like to think my graphic style and level of experience has evolved significantly since i first published bliss bakery and i feel as if i've outgrown this 'era' haha if that makes sense? 

c) but the main reason i'm still in the process of deciding whether or not i want to reopen for another round here or start an entirely new portfolio is that i feel as if the engagement personally on the wattpad platform is rather diminished, i.e. i dont hear from you guys as often or actively compared to a while ago. 

so, i just want to ask you guys what you think i should do and if i reopened or made a new book, if you would consider requesting or follow that book as well.

if you have any questions, please ask! but yeah thanks for following so far through this journey with me, i really do appreciate it!