Surprise!

Iceland had been the most wonderful, beautiful, life-changing trip of my life, and Oli decided to remember it with a tattoo, naturally. He got the Icelandic compass added to his ribs the morning before we left, on the side where the heart sits, and he assured me it didn't hurt that bad. I bet he was just trying to look tough in front of me and the artist though, lol.

He was excited to show it off, and I was excited to show off the gorgeous ring on my finger, but of course, telling everyone that I was engaged was going to be the best part of everything. I couldn't wait to tell Behati - I knew she was going to scream and probably also cry. She was always dramatic like that, lol.

We headed to the airport and as we sat on the plane, Oli reminded me that we were having a New Year's Day party at his house that night. Honestly, with everything that had happened in the past 24 hours, I had completely forgotten about it, but I was excited once he'd reminded me.
"So um... just so you know, I kind of figured this could be our engagement party." Oli said as I sat cuddled up next to him. "Yeah, I guess it can." I replied happily. Oli chuckled.
"No, I uh, I mean... it's like a full-blown engagement party. Tom and Jordan are at the house today setting everything up." he explained.
"Oh? You were that confident I was going to say yes to you, were you?" I replied playfully. Oli chuckled and squeezed my hand. "Oh fuck off, of course you were gonna say yes." he quipped. I just laughed. "But yeah, I kind of planned it that way... I hope you're OK with that?" he asked. Was he kidding? He was the most thoughtful person I think I had ever known in my entire life.
"Of course I'm OK with it. I love how you do all these things... you're a pretty great boyfriend." I said before kissing him sweetly.
"I think you mean fiancée." he said, correcting me. Touché.
"So Tom and Jordan knew you were going to ask me?" I enquired.
"They did. Tom came with me to pick the ring and Jordan was the first person I told about the plan." he answered with a smile. He looked so happy and proud, it was utterly adorable.
"You're actually so cute..." I stated.
"Well I'm glad you think so since, you know, you're gonna be seeing me quite a lot for the rest of your life." he chuckled.
"And I will think you're cute the entire time." I replied, leaning in to kiss him sweetly again. God, I was deliriously in love with him.

When we touched down in Manchester, Tom was waiting to take us home. "So... any news?" he asked. I could understand why, since he'd probably looked at my hand and not seen a diamond. I'd deliberately NOT worn the engagement ring just in case someone saw us... I just wanted our friends and family to find out before the media did, you know? "Let's just say, you're gonna have to buy a tux sometime soon." Oli replied with a massive smile. Tom understood his brother's cryptic clue and grinned as he pulled Oli in for a hug. My heart melted. Oli had looked so happy and proud to tell his brother our news, I couldn't wait to see him tell his friends and his parents... I guess I would have to wait a little longer, but I knew Luiz, Behati and Hannah were going to be just as ecstatic for me as Oli's people were for him.
"Well shit, Joy! Hope you're ready to put up with him." Tom chuckled as he hugged me tightly.
"Oh I know, I've really done a number on myself, haven't I?" I giggled. "I'm just kidding. I'm really excited and happy. Also very excited to have you as my brother in law! I always wanted a sibling!" I gushed as I let him go. Tom laughed.
"Well, I'm happy to help. Feel free to come to me when he's being insufferable too." Tom stated. We chatted as we headed to the car, and as we drove back to Sheffield, Tom let us know that they'd finished everything at the house, that it was ready for the party.
"Everyone's going to be so shocked when you announce that you're engaged." Tom said. He wasn't wrong, I don't think anybody would see it coming, but then again, maybe it wouldn't be that much of a surprise? I mean, everyone always gushed about how in love we were.

By time we got home, we only had three hours until the party started. Jordan greeted us and did the exact thing Tom did; looked at my hand for the diamond before shooting a somewhat concerned look at Oli. "I said yes, I just put the ring in my purse until we got home." I chuckled as I saw him wondering. "Oh thank god!" he exclaimed as he threw his arms out to hug me. "Congratulations!" he stated as he squeezed me.
"Thank you." I replied. I then watched him go over to hug Oli and the way his face lighted up with so much happiness as his friend looked at him knowingly... ugh, my heart. "I'm so fucking happy for you, man." Jordan said as he hugged Oli tightly.
"Believe me, so am I." he said as he let go and then looked at me. "I am one fucking lucky man." he stated as he just stared at me. Oh my god. He made me feel so good.