匚卄卂卩ㄒ乇尺 33

"I asked you a question and I want an answer," Taeyong frowns when nobody answers him.

Jinyoung shrugs and looks away, not wanting to get involved although he already knew the story; the guards had already explained it to them while they were all in the next room. Johnny throws another subtle look towards the guards and Jisung also looks in their direction, crossing his arms.

It's Yuta who speaks up, taking a step in front of his partner. "I'm sure you've been puzzled about how [Y/n] got out of the apartment while we were on duty the entire night."

The expression on Taeyong's face turns dark as he hears those words. His own theory was that [Y/n] somehow managed to outsmart the guards and sneak out on her own, so quietly that even Taeyong didn't hear or notice until the next morning. Yuta only sounded like he had an excuse to justify his incompetence, but Taeyong wanted to hear it anyway.

Taeyong glares at Winwin who he knew was better than Yuta when it came to overpowering and subduing people. "Care to explain how that happened then?"

They were given permission to do so if [Y/n] were to ever try forcing to leave unsupervised (he trusted she wouldn't but one could never be too careful) or in the middle of the night so why hadn't they managed to stop her?

"It was her idea."

Taeyong's expression remained stern but there was a loud laugh threatening to bubble out of his throat; he couldn't believe this was the best explanation the two guards could come up with.

There was a long silence, filled only with the sound of the heart monitor's beeping. The others looked puzzled but didn't say anything, knowing there must be more to the story.

"She offered herself up, thinking she could save herself and we let her," Yuta continues, voice unwavering.

"What?" Taeyong exclaims sharply, followed by a scoff. "[Y/n]'s in a coma and you're trying to save your own fucking pride?" He clenches his fists tightly, "It would be more believable if you said she overpowered you and you were too embarrassed to admit it."

Yuta knew Taeyong would never believe him but he still tried, staring straight at his leader. "You're the one who asked, if you can't take the truth—"

"Stop."

Everyone's eyes shifted to the other guard who had remained silent until now. Winwin interrupted before things could go any further, "Yuta isn't telling the truth."

"Sicheng, don't—" Yuta tries to hold him back and grabs his arm, but Winwin shakes it off.

"I fucking knew it," Taeyong seethed and Yuta shoots him a glare.

"At least not the whole truth," Winwin adds, which makes the leader squint his eyes.

"Then what is the whole truth?" Taeyong was getting impatient now.

There was absolutely no way in Taeyong's mind that anything Yuta had just mentioned was true. He knew [Y/n] could get a little too confident sometimes, but after everything he told her, he couldn't believe she would overestimate herself and put everyone in danger like that.

"The whole truth is..." Winwin takes a deep breath, "After I got captured, I was beaten to the point where I couldn't feel anything anymore. Suho and his men had fun using different object to fucking batter me up and it got to a point where I was desperate to get out of there in one piece."

Taeyong listened intently, his expression skeptical as he tried to pay attention till the very end.

"At some point, when they decided to take a break, I was left alone... with Mark Lee."