Prologue | Anniversary part 1 of 4

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Shut that thing up!" Toni groaned tossing the covers over her face.

Kenny let out a frustrated yawn before he turned off the alarm.

"I don't get why you set that thing for every damn day." Toni groaned, Kenny wiped out his eyes turning over wrapping his arms around her body.

"So we can be up early," he said. "Happy anniversary." Toni smiled as he placed a kiss to her cheek.

"Happy 23 years husband." Toni yawned out.

Kenny chuckled lightly before he got out of bed, he set his feet down on the soft carpet that surrounded their bed. He looked down and around the floor in search for his flip-flops.

"They're on my side." Toni said realising he hadn't got off the bed yet.

She reached her hand down and picked them up turning over and handing it to him.

"Thank you." He mouthed, slipping his feet into them.

He got up and walked towards their ajoined bathroom up ahead.

Toni smiled as she watched him walk, her eyes glued to his little cheeks.

"I can feel your stares on my ass." He groaned quickly grabbing his boxer briefs off the sofa and slipping them on.

"Just enjoying the view." Toni bit her lip smiling whilst she shook her head.

Kenny chuckled walking up to the basin grabbing his toothbrush and toothpaste. Toni slipped back under the covers tossing everything over her. Kenny leaned back brushing his teeth almost choking as he held back a laugh from the fact that she refused to wake up.

"We have a spa date remember."

And with that said she rolled out of bed and ran up to the sofa grabbing her robe and slipping it on. She walked up to him, moving over to her side of the basin grabbing her toothbrush and toothpaste as Kenny rinsed his mouth.

"That little run made my legs sore." She said before beginning to brush her teeth.

Kenny wiped his mouth and looked at her.

"Is that the only reason why your legs are sore?" He smirked raising his eyebrows continuously.

"Oh my god... please pour water in the tub for me." She smiled exposing the foam.

Kenny shook his head at her silliness.

"Sure." He nodded.
___________________________

"Happy anniversary mom and dad!" Kara smiled down at the masterpiece she created.

She was their 20 year old daughter, a student, studying to become a chef. A true feminist, smart at that as well.

Kara heard giggles coming from the staircase causing her to look towards it, it was just her sister Kera talking on the phone as usual.

She was 18. The model, conceited and always the prettiest in her opinion. She was a fashionista, a true style icon.

Kara rolled her eyes, did Kera even know that today was their parents anniversary. She cleared her throat a couple of times causing Kera to eventually turn around and face her with a smug.

"Listen Sierra I'm gonna have to call you back my sister has a sore throat again." Kera spoke in annoyance before she ended the call shooting Kara a glare.

"What is it now Kara?" Kera walked around the kitchen counter leaning on it.

"Did you forget what today is?"

Kera raised her eyebrows in confusion blank to the situation.

"Mom and dads anniversary. Why are you even their daughter?" Kara snapped.

"I knew that part. It's trending all over twitter." Kera said in a 'duh' tone. "23 years is a milestone Kera."

"I know that. I got them a gift if that's the part that you're worried about." Kera raised her hand in surrender whilst scrolling down her feed with her other.

Kara rolled her eyes.

"I was just checking. Last year we ruined their anniversary by fighting, I don't want that to happen this year. They were angry at eachother and angry at us for a good 6 weeks." Kara remembered.

"Yeah... it was a rough moment in my life, I had to spend my own money." Kera said reminiscing.

Kara shook her head before chuckling.

"Where's Teyana?" Kera asked looking around.

As if on queue, their oldest sister Teyana came walking into the living room with a huge box in hand.

"Guess whose winning best gift this time? Me!" Teyana squealed setting the thin rectangular shaped box down against the wall before refering to it with her hands

"Tada! C'est mon cadeau incroyable pour maman et papa." Teyana said.

Kara and Kera's eyes immediately widened.

"Whoa Tea, slow down with the French not all of us went to study in France." Kara said pulling her face in confusion.

"I was saying, this is my amazing gift for mom and dad." Teyana grinned.

She was the oldest, 23. Very down to earth, nothing like the others. She always did everything right. A daddy's girl to be precise.

first few chapters might seem boring but trust me, this is going somewhere 🧘🏽‍♀️