Chapter twelve | God's plan

"I'm really sorry that you felt as if I was invading your personal space. I really wasn't trying to do any of that." Steven said as he and Kenny walked down the driveway towards the gate.

"It's cool man. It was my fault, I invited you in and Toni's just being dramatic as usual." Kenny chuckled slipping his hands into his pocket.

"She is dramatic." Steven said causing Kenny to straighten his face at him in confusion. "No, I mean like. For the couple days that I've been here she's quite the actress yah know." Steven said.

Kenny nodded, "she's a great actress. She's being casted in this new Christmas movie titled 'Everyday is christmas', and I've been on set and she's amazing." Kenny stated nodding his head confidently.

Steven frowned, he hated Kenny so much. If it wasn't for their high tech security systems and Toni watching from the front door he would've knocked Kenny out a long time ago.

"Well it was nice seeing you Kenny." Steven said before he faced Toni and waved at her.

She completely ignored him and kept her eyes on Kenny.

"Mom!" Kera came running out the house in panic with Toni's phone in hand. "What is it?" Toni panicked herself.

"Teyana's been in an accident." Kera announced.

"What?" Toni shouted causing Kenny and Steven to face her in confusion. "Ken!" Toni yelled.

"I'll be back." Kenny quickly said before he ran up to Toni and Kera, "what's wrong?" Kenny asked watching as tears began to run down her face.

"Tey- Teyana-" Toni stuttered she could barely speak. "What about Teyana?" He panicked taking her hands into his.

"Teyana's been in an accident." Kera announced.

"What?" Steven asked who now stood behind Kenny.
__________________________

Everyone had been waiting on news from the doctor pertaining to Teyana. Toni was a wreck, Kenny was trying to be strong for everyone else whilst Steven stood to the side watching everyone whilst he prayed himself.

"Baby... everything is going to be okay." Kenny assured rubbing her back.

She laid her head down on his chest and nodded her head as he wiped away her sets of tears with his free hand.

"Edmonds." The doctor came in.

Toni and Kenny immediately stood up along with everyone else as Steven approached.

"Teyana is stable." The doctor announced causing them to sigh in relief.

"Oh thank God!" Toni sighed, as Kenny kissed her forehead.

Steven shook his head in frustration from the way Kenny and Toni were behaving.

"But we're gonna need some blood samples from the family members." The doctor stated.

"Yes of course." Steven said, causing everyone to look at him.

Kenny chuckled lightly, "Steven. You're like family but she means actual blood relatives." Kenny stated nonchalantly.

"I know." Steven nodded, "than-"

"It's okay Ken. He can donate can he?" Toni asked the doctor.

"Yes but if his blood doesn't match than we will not be able to use it." The doctor stated.

"Fine than. We can do that, if you're willing to have your blood be wasted like that than it's all cool with me." Kenny said with a shrug.

"You're very abrasive." Steven spat at Kenny, "all I said was you shouldn't have to waste your perfectly good blood for my daughter." Kenny spat back.

"What if she isn't your daughter?"

"What?" Kenny furrowed his brows.

Toni pulled Kenny back and sent Steven a glare.

"What the hell is your problem?" Kenny asked in frustration. "Ken. He doesn't know what he's talking about." Toni said pulling him against her so that he could stand next to her.

"Toni's right. It just slipped my mind." Steven smirked.

Toni swallowed her saliva and rubbed the side of Kenny's head.

"Where do we go get tested?" Kara asked.

"This way." The doctor announced.
________________________

Toni and Kenny walked into Teyana's room, seeing her attached to all those IVs truly broke Toni's heart. The pain was unbearable. Toni sighed immediately breaking down in tears.

"Hey it's okay. She's gonna be fine." Kenny assured pulling Toni against him.

"This is all my fault..." Toni cried shaking her.

"No it's not. It's the idiot that ran his car into her." Kenny groaned at the thought.

How could someone be so heartless, the hit and run make him extremely angry. His children were his life.

"Yes it is. God's punishing me." Toni lowly said staring at her daughter who was fighting for her life.

She wiped away her tears and sat down in the sofa. Kenny moved over to Teyana and took her hand into his. He brought the chair behind him closer and sat down.

"The doctor said that you can't move anything but you can hear us perfectly well... I need you to fight, not for me or your mom or siblings but for yourself. You have so much to look forward too, I still have to walk you down the aisle remember." Kenny chuckled.

Toni looked at him and smiled weakly.

"And you still have to give me and your mom those grandkids you kept promising us when you were little." Kenny said looking up at Toni.

"So we can love them as much as we love you... maybe even a little bit more." Kenny added causing Toni to chuckle. "I love you more than life itself, you were our first born and first real love. You can't leave now babygirl." Kenny sighed weakly dropping his head.

Toni watched as he stood up and pecked her forehead. He rubbed her hand before he quickly wiped the tear that fell from his eye. He looked at Toni and let out a tiring breathe.

"You wanna say something?" He asked.

Toni shook her head, "you already spoke for both of us." She smiled before a few tears ran down her face.