Chapter seven | Sorry

Teyana came walking down the stairs being met by her mother and an unfamiliar face.

"Morning mom." Teyana greeted, "hello." She said to Steven.

"Hi." He waved. "And who are you?" Steven asked, "this is Teyana." Toni said.

Steven's eyes widened as he took in Teyana's features. He could see it now, she had his moms brown eyes. Her face shape and nose. She was definitely his.

"Hi Teyana, you are beautiful. I am-"

"This is Steven." Toni quickly said before he said something he was not suppose to.

"Nice to meet you." Teyana smiled shaking his hand. "Are you and my mom friends?" Teyana asked eagerly.

"Yeah. We go- way back. To the day when you were made." Steven said proudly.

"Excuse me?" Teyana asked for confirmation.

"What Steven means is that, we used to be good friends back when me and your dad were dating. He was your dads best friend." Toni nodded.

"Wow." Teyana said impressed. "Where is dad?" Teyana asked, "work." Toni said, "dammit! I forgot to ask him what he thought when the Lakers beat the Brooklyn Nets." Teyana said, "he was probably so mad." She said.

Steven smiled, he loved the Lakers. Always walked into bars and watched them when they were in action.

"The Lakers are my team." Steven said.

"Really? Why?" She frowned, "what do you mean why? I thought you were a Lakers fan." Steven said pulling his face in confusion.

"You should really support the team your dad supports." Steven said.

Toni frowned.

"I do. The Nets, me and my dad love them!" Teyana squealed taking a bottle of water out of the refrigerator.

"He's not-"

"Steven, you should leave. Me and Ken really enjoyed you coming over but it's time for you to go." Toni said.

"Now." She groaned through gritted teeth.

Steven stared at Teyana one last time before he nodded. Toni walked behind him as he opened the door and than turned to face her.

"She's my daughter. She has none of Kenny's features either. Do you really think that one time you and Kenny were together-"

Toni grabbed his arm and led him outside closing the door behind them.

"What is your problem? Me and Ken are happy, don't come around here with your miserable don't care attitude and try to ruin my happiness. You come into me and Kenny's home, you've met me and Kenny's kids-"

"3 out of 4 is Kenny's." He corrected.

Toni shook her head.

"You're pathetic!" She spat getting ready to go back inside.

He grabbed her hand back and stopped her. She turned around and faced him.

"When you look at me I know that desire for me comes back." Steven cooed.

"No. It doesn't, I'm happy. I don't want anyone but Kenny, he completes me and we love each other." Toni said pulling her hand away from him.

Steven frowned.

"And let's both be honest, I never told you I loved you." Toni said. "Listen here bitch." He spat causing her to frown.

"Teyana is my daughter, I can prove it right now. You and Kenny vowed to not have sex until after you two got married, me and you fucked like crazy during the 3 months of your abstinence with Kenny. On your wedding day you gave Kenny the rattle as a gift, you were already a month pregnant. Now you do the math." Steven smirked before he walked away.

"Have a nice day Toni." He smiled.

She went back inside as Teyana came into view.

"He's a creep. He kept checking me out for some reason." Teyana shook her head, "dad won't like when I tell him about this Steven dude." Teyana took a bite from her apple.

Toni stared at her before tears began to roll down her face.

"Mom. What's wrong?" Teyana asked rushing up to her. "Ma." Teyana wrapped her arms around Toni.

"Forgive me." Toni said, "for what?" Teyana was confused.

Toni sighed.

"Ignore me." Toni walked off.
_________________________________

"Evening sexy." Kenny smiled wrapping his arms around her body from behind.

"Hey." She dryly said, he immediately pulled away sensing the change in her attitude.

"What did I do wrong? Were my shoes by the door again? Did I forget to clean the basin after I brushed my teeth? Was the bed not made properly?" Kenny began to panick.

"No." She laughed, "you do everything so well." Toni said.

The lies were truly starting to kill her from the inside.

"Babe." Kenny said drawing her away from her thoughts. "Are you okay?" He asked taking her hands into his.

She looked up at him and shook her head.

"I'm fine." Toni smiled. "I love you okay." She said caressing his cheek.

"I love you too. You've become very sentimental lately." Kenny chuckled wrapping his arms around her waist.

Toni frowned.

"It's not a bad thing though." He quickly stated once he saw her facial expression change.