Chapter nineteen | Insolent child

"Daddy would you please pick up my vanity bag from Savannah's place." Kera said.

"Yeah... I can do that." Kenny nodded taking a sip from his iced coffee.

Kera studied her father, he wasn't the same at all. She swallowed her saliva placing her hand down on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She whispered.

He faced her and smiled.

"I'm fine. I promise." He said as Trent came running up to him.

"I'm ready pops!" Trent said throwing his backpack over his shoulders.

"Awesome! Let's go." Kenny smiled grabbing his phone and car keys walking out behind Trent.

Kara walked into the kitchen.

"I keep forgetting to ask y'all. There's so much tension in this house. Like the fact that dad sleeps in the guest bedroom now?" Kara spoke in confusion.

"Well maybe it's because dad found out that moms an unfaithful bitch-"

"Whoa Kera. Calm down! That is still our mother." Kara spat shaking her head.

"No she's not, I can't believe she cheated on dad and than lied to him." Kera said in annoyance.

"Wait- come again?" Kara raised her eyebrows.

"Mom cheated on dad with Steven!" Kera shook her head in disbelief.

Toni rolled over onto the cold end of the bed, her eyes slowly opened as she wiped them out. She ran her hand over Kenny's side and let out a sigh, this was all her fault. A few tears ran down her face as she stared at nothing in particular.
______________________________

Kenny pulled up to Savannah's place. He got out the car and walked up to the front door ringing the doorbell. No sooner the door opened and there was Savannah, she immediately frowned.

"I'll be right with you, I just gotta go get her vanity case in my bedroom upstairs. Yeah she already sent me a text saying you'd be here." Savannah chuckled stepping to the side.

"Come in." She motioned.

Kenny smiled lightly walking in further. She closed the door as he looked around the place, it was nice.

"I'll be right back." She announced before she went upstairs.

Kenny slid his hands into his pockets walking around the living room, his eyes landed on a picture of Savannah standing between a man and a woman. He pulled his face in confusion, those people definitely couldn't be her parents she looked absolutely nothing like them. He grabbed the picture and studied it more closely, looking up once he heard her footsteps come down the stairs.

"Are these your parents?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"They're white." He said in confusion.

"I was adopted." She confessed walking up to him, "you were?" He raised his eyebrows handing her the frame back.