Chapter twenty | I love you

"No!" She quickly responded shaking her head.

He sat down on the sofa trying his best to process everything.

"How long were you guys together?" Kenny forced out swallowing his saliva.

"Ken..." She sighed kneeling down in front of him. "I made a mistake-"

"How long Toni?" He questioned sternly.

"4 months." She admitted, "but I swear I cut all ties with him after we got married. I haven't been disloyal since we got married-"

"Ken." She cried as he pushed her away from him and got up, "I'm so sorry!" She got up.

"How many times a week?" Kenny asked pacing.

"Once a we-"

"Don't lie to me!" He spat loudly making her flinch.

"4 out of 7 days." She bite her lip.

"Who else knew about it?" Kenny calmly asked.

"No one else, we were very discreet." Toni said turning to face him, "Ken... I swear that I love you." She said reaching out for him.

"Don't touch me." Kenny nonchalantly said.

She frowned as more tears began to run down her cheeks. He moved away from her running his fingers through his hair.

"What did I do wrong?" He asked barely above a whisper facing her.

She shook her head, "nothing..." She trailed off in a whisper.

"It can't be nothing, I obviously did something wrong..." He shook his head trying to think of what he had possibly done. "I mean someone doesn't just cheat for no apparent reason, I obviously did something wrong. What did I do wrong?" He shouted angrily.

She jumped beginning to cry again.

"Stop crying. You fucking screwed my best friend right behind my back and now you wanna cry?" He yelled.

"What if I cheated on you huh? How the fuck would that make you feel? I've been nothing but loyal to you ever since we started dating! If you-" He cut himself off tossing his hands into the air.

He spun around and paced trying to calm himself down.

"If you weren't happy, why didn't you say so. We could've called off the wedding-"

"No Ken-"

"Than why did you cheat?" He yelled.

"I don't know..." She whispered before biting her lip looking down fiddling with her hands.

Kenny nodded swallowing the lump in his throat, he sat down on the edge of the sofa and buried his face into the palms of his hands. Toni wiped away her tears and looked down at him as he looked up at her.

"I want a divorce." He said.

Her eyes widened before more tears began to
flow. She slowly sat down in the sofa behind her as she tried to calm herself down. She stared at him watching as he quickly wiped away the tear that escaped.

"You don't have to do this. We can work this out, Ken I love you."

"Do you really love me Toni?"

"Yes."

Kenny shook his head at her, "No you don't. Because if you really loved me you wouldn't have done what you did." Kenny informed making her sob.

He hated seeing her like this, but he hated what she had done to him even more. He got up ready to walk away but she quickly got up and grabbed his hand.

"Ken please, please listen to me." She begged wiping away her tears.

"Leave. Me. Alone." He slowly said allowing each word to sink into her brain.

"I want to talk-"

"I don't!" He protested.

"I beg you-"

"Don't persist."

"I love you." She pressed her lips together.

"How many times have you told him that every time you two fucked huh?" He groaned. "Women that cheat on a man that has loved them with every fiber in his soul can't love, you don't hurt the people you love." Kenny spat.

She arched her brows at him.

"What I feel for you is deeper than anything, I love you with every part of my soul. I mean it when I say that I love you Ken." She cried.

"Since when?" Kenny questioned.

"Since we started dating and you know it."

"So I ask you again... what did I do wrong?" He softly asked placing his hands onto both sides of her shoulders.

"Nothing." She said matching his low tone.

"And yet you still cheated on me." He frowned.

She watched him step back and remove his wedding band, he took her hand and placed it into her palm before he walked away. Toni took a deep breathe looking around the living room, she looked down at his ring in her hand and slowly sat down on the sofa. She couldn't believe it, her marriage was over and there was no one to blame but herself. She could see the pain and frustration in his eyes. Toni let out a tired breathe, she dozed off as she stared at nothing in particular. Tears ran down her face as she thought back to what lead to this moment, this fight was taking all of her energy.