Chapter fifteen | More secrets

Toni swallowed her pills along with some water before she set the glass down on the basin and looked at herself in the mirror. Sighing before she buried her face into the palms of her hands. She felt like crying, all the secrets that she was keeping from Kenny was killing her. Not only was she lying to him about her past and Teyana, she also wasn't telling him about her Lupus.

"Baby are you okay?" Kenny asked startling her.

She quickly grabbed her corticosteroids and tossed them into the drawer. Kenny raised his eyebrows as he came into her view.

"Yeah I'm good." She smiled up at him.

"What did you just put into the drawer?" He raised his eyebrows skeptically.

"Nothing." She mumbled fiddling with her hands.

Kenny nodded he sat down next to her and kissed her neck snaking his arms around her. She sighed into him cupping his face as his hand found it's way into the drawer quickly pulling out her pill bottle. He pulled away from her scanning over the name.

"Corticosteroids." He read before he raised his eyebrows at her.

She frowned as he got up angrily.

"What the hell is this? You're sick?" He questioned in frustration.

"No." She sighed.

"You have Lupus!" He yelled.

"Well if you put it like that... than yes." She mumbled looking down.

Kenny shook his head at a loss of words.

"Why are you keeping this from me?" He questioned in disbelief.

"I didn't want it to become your problem as well-"

"So what? Everything that has to do with you is important to me, you and the kids are what matters most to me. How can I help you if I don't know what's wrong with you? You have got to stop thinking that you're in this alone. You're my wife, we should face each other problems together." Kenny groaned.

Toni nodded before she broke down in tears.

"I'm sorry." She cried.

He sighed pulling her into his embrace. Not only was she crying about her Lupus, but every other secret she was keeping from him. He kissed her forehead rubbing her back.

"I'm not mad at you. I can't be mad at you, this hard to be so hard on you finding out about it." Kenny said.

Toni whiffed.

"I don't deserve you Kenny." She mumbled shaking her head thinking of all the bad things she was putting him through.

He looked down at her and arched his brows.

"Why do you say so?"

She looked up at him and shook her head, as much as she wanted to tell him. She couldn't bring herself to do it, she wanted this to last as long as it could because the day it ends she wouldn't be able to bare it.