Chapter six | Guilt trip / Unexpected guest

Toni walked towards Kenny, the girls and Trent who were all sitting around the fire frying their smores as Kenny played a little tune with his guitar and Teyana sang one of his songs.

"It feels like spring time in winter, it feels like christmas in June. It feels like heaven has open up these gates for me and youuu, yeah..." Teyana sang.

"And every time I think of it I pinch myself cause I don't believe it's true, that someone like you lovesss me to." Kenny sang the closing line as Toni wrapped her arms around his neck from behind.

She stood behind the sofa he sat on and leaned forward kissing his cheek.

"That was beautiful." Toni smiled as Kenny took her hand and brought her around the sofa.

She sat in his lap wrapping her arms around his neck placing a soft kiss to his lips.

"I love you." She said, "and I love you." He smiled.

"I really pray I find a love as great as the two of you." Teyana said, "and you will." Toni and Kenny said in unison.

Bruno Mars began to play as the girls smiled. Trent got up and began to dance on the spot.

"Go Trent! Go Trent!" The girls chanted as Toni and Kenny laughed, "he gets it from me." Kenny bragged.

"Definitely." Kara and Kera giggled.

"Ken." Toni chuckled resting her head down on his shoulder, "I'm so proud of how far we've come and these beautiful kids we created." Kenny said.

"Me too." Toni said with a weak smile, her encounter with Steven scared and upset her.

Everyone makes mistakes, but maybe she should've just told Kenny the truth from the start.
___________________________

Kenny snuggled into Toni as she kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight baby." He smiled, "goodnight." She said, he kissed the plump top of her boob before he laid his head down on it and closed his eyes.

Toni massaged his scalp thinking back on her encounter with Steven today. Why did he have to come back into her life.

×Flashback
"I don't love you Steven! What we had was good but I love Kenny and he's the man I want to spend the rest of my life with." Toni said to an angry Steven.

"No. You love me, you've always loved me. You said so yourself." Steven shook his head in disagreement. "You're just marrying Kenny because he's wealthy-"

"No! I'm marrying him because he's my best friend, soulmate and the love of my life." Toni said, "I made a mistake by being with you. Just stay far away from me and never look for me because in 24 hours I'll be mrs Edmonds. Now please, leave." Toni spat before she walked away from him.
×End of flashback

She made a huge mistake the day her and Steven slept together, it happened the morning before Kenny popped the big question to Toni and that night her and Kenny made love she knew Kenny was the one. But she didn't stop seeing Steven he was like a magnetic attraction, she liked the sex but she loved Kenny. She always did. Toni looked down at Kenny who slept peacefully, she placed her index finger underneath her nostrils as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.