Chapter fourteen | An instant connection

Toni looked up at Kara who came walking into the kitchen with her boyfriend, August right behind her.

"Hey you two lovebirds." Toni smiled spreading some cream cheese onto some bagels.

"Mrs Edmonds, how are you?"

"I'm good and how are you?" Toni asked glancing up at him.

"I'm good." He smiled before Kara took his hand into hers. "We're gonna head out-"

"But you guys just got here." Toni frowned looking between them.

"No I meant out of the kitchen. We're gonna go watch a movie downstairs in the theater." She said and Toni nodded.

"Okay well have fun. Not too much fun." Toni sternly said.

"Ma." Kara said in embarrassment.

Toni raised her hands in surrender before she turned around and opened the refrigerator. Kara and August spun around and walked out just as Kenny came walking in.

"Hey Summer." Kenny greeted with a warm smile.

"It's August." August corrected.

"But that's what I said." Kenny said pulling his face in confusion.

"No sir you said-"

"Babe it's okay. Dad we're going to the theater." Kara said pulling August towards her.

"Have fun and remember Autumn I have camera's in there, so don't trying anything funny." Kenny smiled.

"Ken. Let them go." Toni chuckled.

Kenny groaned turning to face Toni walking into the kitchen, he sat down at the barstool as she placed the plate that had two bagels in down in front of him.

"Thank you baby." He said.

She walked around the island and sat in his lap. He picked up a bagel and took a bite from it as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"How was work?" She smiled.

"It was work." He chuckled.

"Listen baby, there's something I need to tell you." Toni sighed caressing his ear. Kenny raised his eyebrows.

"What is it? Is it serious?" He asked curiously.

Toni swallowed her saliva, "ye-"

"Mom, dad! Look what I found." Kera squealed rushing into the kitchen.

Toni got up as they faced her. She held up a photo album which had a picture of Toni and Kenny from their wedding day on the cover.

"It's y'all photo album from your wedding." Kera excitedly said taking a seat on the barstool next to Kenny.

Kenny smiled as she flipped it open.

"You looked so pretty mom, how far along were you?" Kera asked looking up from the picture at Toni.

"She was 2 weeks along." Kenny spoke.