Chapter nine | An unpleasant house guest

Kenny and Steven walked into the dining room where Toni was busy setting the table for the 6 of them. Kenny snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Steven really wants to stay over for dinner tonight." Kenny said as she almost dropped the plate she held in her hands.

"Can he?" Kenny asked as Steven watched the two in frustration.

But he did a really good job at not showing it to anyone of them, he kept his feelings to himself.

"Sure." Toni replied back hesitantly. "He could take Kera's place since she won't be joining us." Toni said.

"You're the best." Kenny smiled, "give me a kiss." Kenny cooed.

Toni turned in his arms wrapping her arms around his neck placing a passionate kiss to his lips.

"Someone wants to be screaming tonight." Kenny whispered, she pulled back pushing at his chest shaking her head.

"Stop it." She scolded with a chuckle turning back around but soon frowned once her eyes landed on Steven.

She swallowed her saliva and went into the kitchen to get a plate, knife, fork and glass for Steven. Dinner went by pretty fast although Steven made Toni extremely uncomfortable at dinner.

"It was nice seeing you Steven." Kenny said as he and Toni walked him to the door. "Hey since you're homeless where do you exactly sleep?"

"Ken." Toni scolded pushing at his shoulder with her elbow. "I didn't mean it like that babe." Kenny sighed.

"Oh I see anywhere I find a spot to sleep. I'm never sleeping nearby the bank again, I got robbed and I don't even own anything." He chuckled lightly.

Kenny thought for a moment as he looked down at Toni who instantly knew what he was thinking.

"No." She shook her head, "please..." Kenny begged. "No." Toni said again.

"Steven, we have enough room in this house. Why don't you stay over tonight." Kenny said bubbly.

Toni threw her hands up in surrender before she walked away from the two.

"Is she okay with this?" Steven asked.

"No. But she'll accept it once I talk to her tonight." Kenny said. "Come on. Let me show you your bedroom." Kenny said leading him up the stairs and down the passage they went.

"This is Kera's bedroom. Oh wait, you haven't met Kera." Kenny said as Steven nodded his head.

"Toni did all of the decorating." Kenny said.

"This right here is me and Toni's bedroom." Kenny pointed at the black double doors on their left.

"And here is the room you'll be staying in for the night." Kenny said opening one of the guest bedrooms door.

Revealing the room to Steven, his eyes immediately widened.

"Thank you so much Kenny. I really appreciate this." Steven said hugging him.

"You're welcome. The bathroom is in here and it's all yours for tonight. Take advantage of this moment." Kenny smiled.
___________________________

"Are you angry at me?" Kenny asked getting into bed.

"No. That was actually a very generous thing of you to do but next time when I say no. I mean no." Toni scolded.

"Got it. I won't ever do that again." Kenny kissed her lips.

"Goodnight." He said, "goodnight." She said back as she got comfortable.

He threw his arm over her body as she placed her hand over his and held his arm close to her body. He kissed her temple before they both slowly drifted off to sleep.