Chapter eighteen | The truth

Toni and Kenny walked into the house and immediately their kids voices filled the atmosphere.

"Look on the bright side at least we have some information that could help us. I just have to let my assistant get in contact with a Justine Morris and we'll know exactly where our daughter is." Kenny said rubbing her back.

Toni nodded wrapping her arms around Kenny burying her face into his chest. She didn't want to cry but she was hurting. This was surely effecting her, the only other thing she hoped was that she was truly her and Kenny's daughter and not Steven's.

"Well hello to my parents that didn't come pick me up from the hospital." Teyana chuckled walking up to them.

Their attention immediately fell onto her. Just seeing her made Toni break down in tears.

"What's wrong mommy?" Teyana frowned.

Kenny sighed, he knew exactly why she reacted this way.

"I don't know." Toni shrugged wiping away her tears. "Come here." Toni said opening her arms up for Teyana.

Teyana pulled her face in confusion obliging.

"I love you so much." Toni said kissing her temple.

"I love you too ma." Teyana said back.

Kenny rubbed Toni's back as she and Teyana pulled away.

"Me and you father love you so much. No matter what happens okay, we're always gonna be your parents." Toni said.

"I know that, but why do you say that?" Teyana raised her eyebrows in confusion.

A knock sounded on the door making Toni and Kenny turn around. Kenny pulled it open and there was Steven.

"You need to stop showing up here." Kenny groaned.

"My bad. I thought we were cool, are you still not over the whole hospital situation? I mean really, come on Kenneth. It happened a week ago." Steven chuckled shaking head.

Kenny sucked his teeth growing annoyed. Steven steered his attention from Kenny onto Teyana.

"Teyana you're back." He said.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"I missed seeing your face here every time I came by." Steven smiled, "I mean you are the prettiest in this house." Steven added making everyone frown.

"Steven." Toni gasped.

"Why would you say something like that?" Kenny spat.

"We're all pretty." Teyana said. "You can't walk in here as if you own this house, or my mother- I've seen the way you talk to her when my dad isn't around. She's always so tense after a conversation with you, you work on my nerves." She added in frustration, looking at Steven made her mad.

With that said Kenny grabbed Steven by his collar roughly shoving him out the house.

"Stay the hell away from all of us- you've been overstepping and now it turns out you've been harassing my wife as well-"