Chapter 19

Author's Note: We are getting close to the end!! Thank you so much for all the support and I hope that you continue to enjoy the story😊

Naruto

It is late at night but I can't seem to fall asleep. I have an important meeting tomorrow and I know that I should rest, but I can't. I have to weird, anxious feeling that is just keeping me up. It's almost like I feel that tomorrow will be more impactful than it's actually intended to be.

I looked over at a sleeping Hinata and sighed. She has been so quiet about her feeling since Boruto left, but I know that deep inside it hurts her. In all honesty, she might have been impacted the most out of us all. Boruto and her had a tight bond; even more than me and him ever had.

I looked away from her and looked up at the ceiling. The eerie feeling was still with me, but it might just be some nerves about tomorrow and everything going on. Shikadai was still missing and a potential threat was still loose. As the Hokage, I should have fixed all of this by now, but something is off with me recently.

I know that I'm probably just looking too much into it, but it's better to acknowledge it more than to forget it.

I looked over the digital clock and saw that I had to get up in three hours. So, I forcefully shut my eyes and go ready to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a big day. And I knew it.

---------------

Boruto

We finally made it back to the office where Itachi and the Sasukes were and they explained to us what had happened and how it was almost time for us to go back. We all knew that we had to arrive back quickly before something bad happens in the village. We all could feel that something was coming.

"Boruto, are you ready to do what it is you have to do?" Our Sasuke asked me and I nodded. My original plan was to erase everyone's minds, but then I remembered that crystal the man had given me from before.

Flashback

Just as I thought that the man was going to leave me alone, he suddenly stops me again. I turned to look at him with pure annoyance. "What now?" I asked him. The name he had told me was still registering in my mind.

"Take this, " he handed me a blue crystal and I looked down at it confused. "Think of it as a way to show that I'm on your side." He continued to say and I looked back at the crystal, still very much confused.

"What does it do?" I asked him, sort of intrigued by the tiny, shiny object in my hand.

"Even if you can erase their minds, you hadn't thought about the actions you already did which altered the future. How do you expect everyone to react to Sasuke and Itachi showing up in the same room once they wake up after their memories are erased? Those things alter everything else." He explained and I felt dumber by the second. I hadn't even thought of that.

I looked down at the crystal one last time and sighed. "So, what does it do?" I asked him and he smiled.

"You will crush it in your hand once it is time, and then you, and whoever is touching you will be brought back in time to the time you first arrived here. But don't worry, it won't alter the timezone in your present-day home." He explained and I gulped. This thing sure had a lot of power. "Good luck!" I heard him yell but by the time I was out of my thoughts, he had disappeared.

Flashback over

"Everyone, touch my arm," I told them and they followed my instructions. By this time, my dad and the others were back in the room and it was making leaving seem even harder. "Once I crush this, we will be brought back in time to when I arrived. After that, Sasuke, you will do the rest."

I turned to look at him and he nodded at my instructions. I took a deep breath and got ready. I looked at my uncle Neji and at my father one last time. I knew that I was never going to forget this moment no matter what. "Goodbye Boruto. Give your sister and your mother a big hug from me." My uncle Neji said and I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Baka! Don't cry, you're going to make me cry too." My father said and I laughed. "Please, fix things between us. You shouldn't have to be on your own." He said and I nodded. I knew that I had to do that too.

"I will uncle Neji and yeah, dad. Of course, I will. I now understand things more than when I was a little kid..." My words got stuck in my throat. "So... Goodbye everyone," I said and I looked down at the crystal.

"Goodbye!" They all yelled and I broke the crystal in my hand.

--------------

Sasuke

All I saw next was a shiny, very, very bright blue light as my body felt like rubber being stretched over and over again. But in no time, we were transported back to the entrance of the village.

We all hit the floor at a fast speed and ached as we got up. The mysterious crystal had worked and we had to get out quickly before anyone saw us. "Sarada, Shikadai Boruto. Now!" I yelled and they quickly ran to my side.

I looked around one last time to make sure they was no one around before activating my eyes. I knew that I would have to use up all the chakra I had, so the fight would have to be without my full strength. However, looking at Sarada, Boruto, and Shikadai, I can tell that the next generation is going to be strong.

"Let's go home!" Boruto and Sarada both yelled and in no time, we were going back.

Author's Note: They are going back!! The back to the future arch has sadly ended, but the final battle and reunion is still to come! Remember to vote and leave a comment!! I hope that you guys all enjoyed the chapter!!😊