Chapter 17

Author's Note: Ahhhhhhhh, guysssss, my room has baby spiders in it. It's day two of no sleep as I'm trying to kill them. So sorry if the chapter seems kind of rushed. Anyways, enjoy.

Also, check out the story above one of my readers wrote. I'm happy to give shout outs if anyone wants one😊

Boruto

I stared at the man in front of me with complete shock. I almost couldn't recognize him at first but then I saw that it was the guy from the library. The guy that I thought seemed oddly familiar. "You?" I said walking toward him.

He smiled at me and motioned for me to continue going up to him. "I know that this may seem shocking, Boruto, but I'm not a bad guy." He said but I was still skeptical of him. I was because I didn't know how he got here.

"How do you expect me to believe you? You just suddenly show up here. Not just anyone can get here, ya know." I said I came face to face with him. He was still smiling which was catching me off guard.

"I've been watching over you since before you were even born. I can't say too much now but a great danger is coming. You aren't fully ready yet, your eye I mean, but there isn't any time left." I looked at him as if he was crazy. There was no way anything he was saying was true.

"Hmm, like I'd believe you. Your probably another bad guy who is just here to trick me." Half of me held the possibility that he was good, jut the other told me that he was bad. Something was just telling to trust him. Like a voice telling me to listen to him. "What are you going to me?!" I yelled.

"I'm doing nothing. It's your mind telling you to trust me. You know deep inside that I'm not a bad person." I cursed myself because what he was saying was true. I trusted this strange man and I didn't know why.

"What do you want then? You must need something to come all the way here to find me." I asked him. My voice filled with annoyance.

"Your being betrayed by someone close to you. As your protector, I don't wish to see you hurt." I scoffed and turned away from him. No one who is close to me would betray me.

"That's a lie. I know my friends well. No one would do that to me." I didn't look back at him and just started to walk away but a hand on my shoulder stopped me.

He moved his head toward my ear and whispered a name into it. I gasped at who he said and pushed him away. There was no way what he was saying was true. My friend would never do that to me. "Liar!" I yelled as I backed away from him.

He sighed and for once his smile was gone. "I'm not lying. I'm just trying to look out for you by pointing out someone who may not be your real friend. I completely understand why you wouldn't believe me but sooner you will find out. It's better that you prepared for it."

I paced around not really knowing what to think. Like last time, a part of me seriously beloved him. "I need to go," I told him and started to walk away, and for once, and didn't stop me.

***********

Naruto

After work, I decided to go home. I wanted to get some rest before the big day tomorrow. If there really was a threat, then I wanted to be prepared for anything.

Right as I walked in, Hima ran up to me. I stuffed her hair and hid her smile. Every time I looked at her, I saw Boruto, I really missed him deeply.

Hinata walked over to us and I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she turned red. Even though we've been married for years, she still gets nervous around me.

"You must be hungry. Him a and I prepared dinner so that we can all eat." I smiled and followed them into the dinning room. I say down and Hima set a plate of delicious food next to me. I was about to dig in but my eyes shifted toward Boruto's spot.

Flashbacks to the moments we had filled my head and before I knew it, my eyes were tearing up. Hinata noticed and walked up and higher me from behind. "I miss him too." She whispered as Hima was distracted in the kitchen.

"He's getting older and older and I'm not there for him. By this time, I expected to be really close to him and show him a lot of things... But fate had different plans I guess." I wiped away my teary eyes as Hima was returning.

However, she noticed it too. "Papa! What's wrong?" She asked with her voice filled with worry.

"I just miss your older brother," I said with a nervous smile. I didn't want to upset her.

"I miss him too. I wish I could reach out to him but I don't know-how. I've always wanted to just call him or write to him but I never do because I know he'll never get them." I higher her and Hinata at the same time. I understood what she meant. I've wanted to reach out for a long time too.

"When he does return, you guys can catch up all you want. I'm sure he will want to know everything new about you." I told her and she smiled and nodded her head before going to dit down in her seat.

"Your right, papa. When he does return, I will tell him everything and show him what I learned. I'm sure he's gotten strong too so maybe he can train with me. He might even have the byakugan like me! Wouldn't that be cool?" She said and I nodded with a forced smile.

I wanted to be there to see him get strong. When he does return, I'll make it up to go him for once. I will be the father I should've been in the first place. "I'm so sorry Boruto.." I whispered to myself without them hearing as I started to eat in silence.

Ooooo, who do you think betrayed him? Next chapter coming soon. Remember to vote and comment. Thanks for reading!!!!