Chapter 10 - Overwhelming feelings

Cross' PoV:

We went back to the bar, and as we walked I imagined, how I would pay Vincent back what he did, and by that I mean to beat the sh*t out of him, till he felt the same fear and pain Lea had to go through and even worse.

He deserved it.

Drowning in these thoughts, I heard a chuckle from behind me, and as I turned around I saw that it was Nightmare.

He smirked while looking at me, but as he saw my gaze, he tried to hide his smile.

I just rolled my eyelights and focused my look at the road, but that was just an excuse, truly I started to think how badly I would hurt Vincent.

I would first punch him in the stomach and break his right arm, just like he did to Lea. Without any reason, the thought of a knife in my hand appeared. To be honest, a knife was a really handy weapon, even if I never used it as one. I just imagined how I would stab that knife inside of Vincent's-

"Pffffft-"

I stopped, we were at the port, and I turned around to see Nightmare giggling.

"Ok, that's enough, what's so funny?", I asked frowning and annoyed.

"Oh, nothing, it's just nice to see that you haven't lost your aggressive side", he answered with a hand covering his mouth.
"It's just nice to feel your negativity again."

"What do you mean by 'feeling my negativity'?", I asked even more confused. He came up to me and his gaze went over the horizon. The sky has lighted up a bit, and the sun would rise in one to two hours.
He looked back at me and I couldn't really interpret his glare.

"Haven't I mentioned it yet? Feelings are my skill, negative feelings to be exactly. I can sense them, and they even make me stronger. But I also can manipulate others emotions. The Marine soldiers even started to call me
'The king of fear'", he snorted, obviously proud of his nickname.

I looked at him terrified. He was right, I just thought about brutally killing someone, even if he deserved it. I never thought about something like that before, and I've done that without even recognize how vicious it actually was. Has he done this to me? Was that why I felt like this, or why I felt these feelings towards him?

He obviously felt the anger that built inside of me and stabbed forward. He raised his hand and I instinctive closed my eyes and turned my head away.

But the hit I aspected never came.
Instead, I felt a huge, skeletal and kinda soft hand petting my skull.

As I opened my eyes and raised my glare at his face, I saw a soft smile and look, full of something I couldn't recognize. 

"Don't worry, I would never do that to you", he said softly. His other hand wiped away the one purple tear that was rolling down my cheek, I haven't even realized that I started to cry.

Without any warning, I felt all the events of yesterday on my back, and all of them released in form of tears.

I sobbed and I hugged him, I just had the issue to grab something so that I wouldn't end up on my knees. For a second, his body stiffed but he hugged me back. "Shhhh...". His hand moved up and down at the back of my skull, stroking me. He placed his chin on my head and his other arm hold me tight.

I buried my face in his shirt and my fingers grabbed the back of his jacket. His shirt got wet by my tears, but it didn't seam like he minded it. He just hold me and tried to calm me down. And that was enough.

As I calmed down to a state in which I was able to speak, I asked with a shaky voice:

"W-Why me? Why does it happen to me? The others hate me because I'm a monster, not even bothering to hid it, you came out of nowhere, saying that I have magical powers and I'm a pirate, my stepsister got murdered and now I get to know that I lived in a time loop, for who knows how long! And the worst part is that I don't know myself anymore! Who am I, who are you to me and why can't I remember anything?! Why-"

"Cross", he interrupted me softly.
He took both of my cheeks in his huge hands, forcing me to look at him. I looked inside of his beautiful cyan blue eye, still crying but his look seamed to strangely calming me down.

He wiped them away with his thumbs, looking at me with regret and sadness as he said:

"Cross, listen. I've never wanted this to happen. Neither to be separated nor to let you go through this. You haven't deserved it but please, you have to know something. I would NEVER, and by that I mean NEVER, hurt you on purpose. I'm so sorry you had to experience that, but I promise you: Now that I finally found you, I will never let you get hurt so badly again. You'll never have to feel lonely or rejected again. I'm here for you and I'll help you to understand things you can't remember anymore, so please. Don't cry anymore. Everything will go alright, ok?"

I nodded sobbing and he sighed. He  hugged me again and I hugged back, but this time it wasn't because of hopelessness, but because of relief. I didn't grab him as if he was my last lifebelt. We just stood there and hugged each other.

As I pulled away, I saw a yellow glow from behind Nightmare. It looked like an eye and when I wanted to say Nightmare about it, I felt dizzy and my vision started blurring. My knees buckled and Nightmare caught me as I fall.

The last thing I remember was Nightmare's worried voice shouting my
name.

__________________________

So...Cross had a little mental breakdown but tibia honest, who wouldn't in his situation?

And why has he gone unconscious?

But either way, I have to thank you (again)

THE STORY HIT OVER 500 reads?!Fhshsbsjsbeksbsjsbehgxhrihshsjsnsbdbjxhxhdbdndndhdhdndmwhdjbrjfbdhdmqlapne WUT?!!!!!And even 32 votes?! OMG!!XD Tbh, I didn't even expected that anybody would read it, thank ya so much XD

And even 32 votes?! OMG!!XD Tbh, I didn't even expected that anybody would read it, thank ya so much XD

To thank you, there will be a pretty long chapter in two weeks, so look forward!

I hope you enjoy the story so far!

~Roxine