Chapter 17 - Revenge

Before the chapter start: don't think too much about geography of the cities I chose, I messed here a bit. ^^'

Just you know that these cities/islands I write about weren't as much destroyed by the catastrophe as others, because they laid much more in the inside of the country than others. That doesn't mean that they weren't affected though, every single city in the world had thousands to millions fatalities.

_______________________________

??? PoV.:

The moon shined through the dark clouds, the only thing that spend light in this dark night. On the road you could see a few street lights, but these hadn't any electricity that could make them work since centuries.

The ocean hit the cliffs many meters underneath the country-like plateau and the salty wind was so strong that it pressed the high gras to the ground. The sound of the moving trees was overwhelming and the wind was coming from the opposite direction I was walking in, making it hard to breath.

The island wasn't big, it only had a forest and a few hillocks on it. When you looked at it from the side, it looked just like long time ago, the island had been a wide field, but the the most part broke away leaving a piece of land, a plateau and on a few sides the earth sliced down with the time, creating a high pitched way up.

It was hard to see anything in the deep darkness , despite that the moon was in it's full form.

Normally it would be hard to even see the forest in this night, but for me was it no problem. Before I entered the island, I activated my skill, I manipulated my eyesight so that I could see everything, like as if the sun was in it's highest spot. My eyes glowed in a gras-green glimmer, after suddenly stopping after a few minutes. The eyes only glowed when the first wave of magic run through your system, but if you used it for a longer time -like me in this situation- it just stopped after a few minutes.

Only the wind started to annoy me, tearing my long, white coat in every direction.

I sighed, every day the same. I just hoped that I'd reach my destination soon. I headed to a location I'd built, just after I'd found this island, which was a long time ago.

Actually, I lived on an island called London. It was a beautiful, huge and historical city, full of live and people. Most of them humans, but I saw many monsters there as well. They lived in peace, well as much as you could call 'ignorance in public' and 'beating to death in private' as 'peace'.

Officially was this island pretty save, it was near the Marine force headquarter, only a few kilometers away, so the gangs didn't really try to make too much damage on the citizens. That doesn't mean that they were completely harmless though, I'd seen enough gang fights, murder and abuse over the last years I've spent in this town, to say that the Marine force had their eyes everywhere, except their own threshold.

These idiots.

No, the real idiots were these criminals who didn't see the great opportunity they had to become something more than thugs, forgotten by everyone after their deaths, to DO something in their lives.

But in the end wasn't it my business and I just let them be. Besides, the situation of the island benefited me good and I could go after my own businesses. For example, study the many books in the ancient private archive of London. It was actually a place nobody should know of, besides the initiates, but I had my ways and could go there anytime. Actually these ways where using my powers on the right people and break in.

I had my reasons, I needed what I gained from these books, they hold long forgotten knowledge that definitely could help the crew in the future. Like how the world looked like before the great catastrophe, how the live of the population looked like, and so much more. It was really shocking how much the catastrophe changed our lives, you could maybe see a few parallels between them, but only elementary things. New towns were built, others been restored and new islands were built. The catastrophe took place about eight hundred years before our time, but the government kept all the knowledge what was before it, looked away.