Chapter 25 - Reunion

Double upload!

_______________________________

Reaper's PoV.:

I hugged him once more and he seemed to calm in my embrace. His breath went slower and after a while he pulled back and gave me that one smile I would have killed for to see it again. It was a bit shaky and rusty, as if he hadn't smiled in a long time, but it was still the same.

My soul started to beat faster and I asked myself... could it be? The right moment? It seemed a bit out of of place but-

"Thank you Reaper, even though you're really annoying, you're the best friend I could ever wish for."

It felt like the words were a dagger that was pushed into my soul and I could have sweared that I had an iron tase in my mouth.

Never mind.

Why do that always happen to me?

I turned around, so that Geno wouldn't see my face. There was always a next time, I would just wait till-

Till something like that happens again?

I shivered at that thought and decided that no.

I wouldn't wait, I wouldn't take every good enough excuse just to say 'another time'. Because sometimes there isn't and I had to live with that for 255 years.

But this time, I would do it.

Nothing, especially not my own fear of rejection would stop me.

I turned back to him and saw that he returned to sorting the books he wanted to take with him.

"Geno-", just when he turned around to me, Nightmare, Cross and Fell came into the room. I sighed, did I really had to be interrupted in such moment? Couldn't they have waited at least two more minutes before coming in?

"I guess we're interrupting you. But I don't really care and in forty minutes it's midnight." Sometimes I really hated this octopus.

Geno sighed and looked around. Than I started to use my power to levitate the stacks he wanted to take with him.

Nightmare looked at them and snorted: "Isn't that a bit too much, even for a bookworm like you?"

Geno gave him a dark glare: "Most of them hold maps, and as a navigator, they are very important for my job. So as long you don't want to find yourself in nowhere Nightmare, I assume that you let me take them."

"And have you spared some for me?", it wasn't a secret that Nightmare loved books as well, it was actually the only thing Geno and he had in common. Geno just shot him a glare and turned away. But after some time he threw in: "Behind the door."

Nightmare grinned.

"Lon' time no see Senpai", Fell stepped to Geno and hugged him. The smaller hugged him back and they exchanged a few whispered words before they pulled back.

I saw that Cross looked a bit weirdly at Geno, but before the other could notice it, Cross already looked away.

"NO STANDING on books with dirty shoes!", oh so he realized that Fell didn't take off his yellow and red sneakers. I chuckled. No matter how many time it's been, Geno still loved his books. It was nice to see him a big as his old self.

"Can we go now?", Nightmare sighed, "I don't want to look like an idiot with so many books. Fell, tomorrow you just come back and take them on the ship. Reaper, just put them in another room, so that this idiot won't take accidentally the wrong ones.