Chapter 23 - Sacrifice

Reaper's PoV.:

I played bit with my skill to distract myself from the boringness of sitting for about eight hours at the same spot, without having anything to do.

A bobble of water floated in front of me, high and down, down and high, sometimes to the right, sometimes to the left.

Many people mistook my power as levitation, but truth is that it was something completely different, even if it didn't seem so at the first sight.

It floats and I can move it at will? Of course levitation.

But no.

My skill was way more powerful than that, even if I let the people in their misunderstandings.

I could control gravitation itself, setting gravity points, for example the ceiling, and or any other thing I had in mind would walk on the ceiling as if it was the normal floor. The only reason why I could float was because I set two different points at the completely opposite directions, but with the same strong gravity.

Normally when I wanted to float, I set first a point on the moon, or any other different planet that was above me, and let myself 'fall' for a second and then setting another point under me, stopping my 'fall' and causing that I floated. I simply could move in the air because I set onother gravity points at the directions I wanted to go to.

The fun part is that I could do exactly the same with other objects or people, but I had the control over them. And that's exactly what I did with that water bubble in front of me.

Suddenly I felt a presence from behind me and turned around, seeing Nightmare and Cross a few feet away from me. I stood up as well.

"Is it time?", I asked nervous. I was really excited to meet Geno again, in person and not only in my imagination. I'd decided a long time ago, that this time I wouldn't hesitate, I'd confess Geno my feelings, no matter what his answer would be, I'd say it!

Nightmare nodded at my question.

"Killer", I felt a connection building up when Nightmare called our vice, "connect us with him."

Aye aye, Cap'!

"So", Nightmare continued, "I think you spent enough time down there, don't you think?"

Geno remained silent, he was always stubborn when he was determined to enforce his statement.

Nightmare looked at his non-existent watch, "Ya know, it's pretty late already and we'll meet soon. Killer, what time is it in Mexico City?"

10 pm, Cap'.

"10 pm", Nightmare repeated with a nod, "that means you only have two hours left to tell me what you want, and I'm sure it's many, considering all this negativity coming from you. But such touchy subjects are better discussed from face to face."

He had a point.

Geno hated talking about serious things from a distance because he thought that it made him seem weak. That he feared to face his opponents. But Geno wasn't someone who run away, he would keep attacking his enemies till the end.

Everyone knew that.

And that's the one of the main reasons why everyone in the crew had so much respect towards him. No one wanted to be on his bad side. But Nightmare seemed to have crossed this line. It was no secret that the relationship between those two was always a bit cold, it had its reasons, but Nightmare somehow even managed to make it worse.

"I'm sure you wouldn't want that the whole crew listens to this. I'm pretty sure that Killer linked everyone at this point, so I assume that you come up here", man, could someone tell this guy that it isn't good to threat someone like that -especially not Geno- when that someone was already pissed at you?