[Jarbyn] Cliché

Ship: Jarbyn

Summary/plot: Yeah the classic story where the sweet jock fell in love with a cute lil nerd who also loved him back. 

Notes: High school AU, Jack still had his noodles, and a dash of Zaniel.

~*~*~*~

          Corbyn let himself got pulled closer to Zach's body as the brunette sling an arm around his shoulders. The two best friends were on their way to lunch. Daniel, Zach's boyfriend, wasn't with them for once. He said he'll get them a table though.

As they make their way into the cafeteria, both immediately spotted the blue eyed brunette who was waving them over. Corbyn saw Zach grinned from the corner as his eyes. A smile made its way over to his own face as he saw how happy his best friend was just at the sight of his boyfriend. The blonde found it's cute how both were completely gone for each other.

He wished he had something like that.

Zach gave Daniel a peck on the lips when they got to the table. "Hey, good looking. How are you doing?" Zach just rolled his eyes at that but his rosy cheeks got redder than usual. Because let's be real, who wouldn't blush when Daniel Seavey called them good looking?

As they were eating, Daniel waved at someone across the room, "Give me a second, yeah?" he told his friend and boyfriend before making his way to another table. Corbyn turned around to see where he's heading. When his frozen blue eyes found him, they widened in shock. The blonde could feel his face heat up as he noticed Daniel talking to his other friends on a table filled with the school's jocks, which makes sense because Daniel was in the team. But what had Corbyn blushing was one person who was also sitting there. A boy from the football team.

Jack Avery.

Who was currently looking at him.

Corbyn was frozen for a few seconds before offering a hesitant smile. He raised a sweater paw-cladded hand, and shyly gave him a small wave. The blonde turned back around immediately, ignoring Zach's teasing smirk and nudges. Ugh what was I thinking?! That was so lame! He groaned internally, and drowned himself in self-pity.

He was absolutely unaware of the curly haired boy chocking on his coke at the adorable sight he had just witnessed.

~*~*~*~

"Where's Dani?"

"Oh yeah he told me to meet him at the field. He's skipping practice but he had to talk to Jonah about the upcoming game," Zach shrugged as he waited for Corbyn to finish putting his AP chemistry and math books away in his locker. Daniel was usually the one who drove them to and from school. At first, Corbyn hesitated to join them because he kinda felt like he'd be intruding and not to mention, third-wheeling. But instead of Zach, surprisingly it was Daniel who convinced him that it's fine. The jock said he was cool and that he liked him. Corbyn was mostly surprised that Daniel thought it was fine to be seen with a nerd like him but now that he thought of it, some of the jocks in their school were decent people. Yeah some jerks here and there but that's normal. Now, the three of them were inseparable.

"Oh," Corbyn slowly closed his locker as he felt his face heat up. He cleared his throat, "Will the whole team be there?" Zach smirked at his best friend who was avoiding eye contact at all cost, "Yeah the whole team." The blonde slapped his chest at that tone of voice.

"Shut up."

"They're probably shirtless too."

"Zachary Dean Herron!"

~*~*~*~

They weren't shirtless.

Corbyn didn't know how to feel about that.