[Zorbyn]Why Don't We Radio

Ship: Zorbyn

Summary/plot: In which Zach called a radio station every day to make bad jokes because he fell for the melodic sound of the host's laugh.

Notes:

~*~*~*~

"There you have it folks, 'Wildflower' by 5 Seconds of Summer," Corbyn announced into the microphone as the song faded out in the background. "I gotta say it is one of my favourite new hits," he laughed.

The blonde messed with the controllers before speaking again, "Okay, I'm gonna take some calls now because I actually love talking to you guys," he grinned, "You request a song, an artist, spill some tea, I'm all ears."

Just a second after he said that, a beep resonated along with a blinking red dot from the phone talkback system. Corbyn pressed the button, and answered the call, "Why Don't We Radio, Keeping you Hooked. Who am I talking to?" he smiled.

"Uh, yeah my name's Zach."

"Hello, Zach. Got anything for me? Or maybe need something from me?" He questioned.

"Nah, man. It's just a slow night, and I'm bored out of my mind."

Corbyn raised an eyebrow in amusement, "Oh? Am I not entertaining enough for you?"

The blonde flushed lightly at the deep chuckle coming from the other line. It was attractive, okay? Sue him. "Nah, you are. Hence why I'm calling."

Corbyn leaned further into the table and closer to the microphone, "Well, how may I chase your boredom away?"

"Got any tunes for me?"

"Well, I suggest 'Fireproof' by One Direction. It's fire," he giggled.

"That's cute," the boy on the other line smiled

"What is?"

"Your little giggle."

Corbyn rolled his eyes despite the heat rising to his cheeks, "Haha, funny."

"No, don't fake laugh. I like your real one better."

"Make me, then," he grinned.

"Okay hold on. Uuh..." It was silent for several seconds before, "Why did the bike fall over?"

"Why?" The radio host played along.

"Because it was two tired."

Silence followed his answer, which had Zach thinking the host hung up on him. However, he then heard a snort which was then followed by a contagious laughter.

"Oh my God," Corbyn exclaimed in-between his laugh, "That was so bad!"

"Well, it had you laughing, didn't it?" the blonde could hear the grin in his voice.

"Alright, funny man. It's nice having you, but I think I've kept you on the line for a little bit too long," the host giggled again.

"Well, okay then. Play me that song, yeah? I'll call again tomorrow."

"Can't wait for that," Corbyn replied with a smile. And if he sounded more sincere and hopeful compared to his other calls, that's no one's business.

~*~*~*~

"There you have it, Ava. 'Mind is a Prison' by Alec Benjamin," Corbyn said at the end of the song, "You people have some seriously good taste in music," he giggled.

"Okay, guys, here are some hits you can jam with as I wait for you lovely people's calls. I'll be right back with you," he pressed the button, disconnecting his mic, and took his headphones off. The blonde then got up for a few minutes of break.