[Jorbyn] Must Have Been the Wind

Ship: Jorbyn

Summary/plot: Jonah tried so hard to mind his own business, he really did. But how could he sleep peacefully with sound of the boy from the apartment above his sobbing his heart out?

Notes: Okay first of all thank youu this is my first 1k reads!!! My heart (well if i had one) is going 💕💖💘💕💜💜❤
Second, this one shot is entirely based on the song 'Must Have Been the Wind' by Alec Benjamin :). I changed a few things and details, of course. I love that song sooo much istg. It's on the media.
Third, some abusive relationship in this one :(

~*~*~*~

                The bed creaked under his full weight after he let gravity took him down. Today had been especially hard for him. The brunette thought internship wouldn't be this hard but shit. It's even worse when he remembered the state of his apartment. It's not falling apart, the water's working just fine, and the heater's pretty decent. But he definitely could use a better environment.

The walls were extremely thin. It's not hard for him to hear what everyone was up to. But that's none of his business. That was the main rule of this building. Everyone kept to themselves. Mind your own business. Yeah, that means Jonah couldn't say shit when curly guy three doors away was blasting his speaker at 02.50 a.m in the fucking morning. Sleep was the one thing Jonah should be grateful for because he couldn't seem to have any here.

Speaking of sleeping, it was a shitty day but luckily, it's a quiet night. Jonah didn't bother changing before letting his eyelids drop. He was a second away from a blissful sleep when he heard a thud above him. The brunette almost cried. What is it now? He sat up abruptly as another, louder thud was heard from above him. Well, from the room above him actually. He had heard it several times before, sometimes he could even hear shouting.

The blue eyed male jumped a bit when he heard a loud shatter coming from that room. It was followed by some more heavy thuds before he heard the loud slam of a door. After that, everything went quiet, and he was getting ready for bed again. Even though his mind was filled with curiosity that he tried to dismiss.

But then he heard it.

Soft sobs and hiccups

Jonah knew it wasn't his business. He knew that. But what was he supposed to do? He couldn't just sleep his worries away. Yes, he was worried. Besides, no harm in checking up on them, right? The worst thing that could happen was them slamming the door to his face and told him to mind his own damn business. At least then, he could have a good night sleep.

So, he got out of his room and took the elevator upstairs. Once the door opened, he walked down the identical hallway, and look for the apartment above his own. As he stood in front of the door, he felt kind of stupid for a moment. What was he gonna say? What was he even doing here? With a shake of his head, he knocked on the door.

It took a minute for someone to open the door. That someone happened to be a guy around his age. Jonah took his appearance in. Faux blond hair was the first thing Jonah noticed about him. Those locks were peaking out from under the hoodie he was wearing. His eyes were a beautiful light shade of blue with golden ring around his pupils. After that, Jonah noticed the bags under his eyes, and oh...his eyes and nose were red. So he was the one crying just now?

Jonah didn't know how but the blonde looked somehow beautiful to his eyes even in that state.

"C-can I help you?" The boy whispered, his voice hoarse.

The brunette scratched his nape awkwardly, "Uh yeah I just...wanna make sure everything's fine. I heard some things because my apartment's below you. There was a shatter or something? I also heard someone..." he trailed off, looking at the blonde, "I just wanna know if you're okay?"