[Dorbyn] Glow Up ✨

Ship: Dorbyn

Summary/plot: Being bullied was like a part of Daniel's daily routine. No one at school gave a damn about him except for one person who happened to be Daniel's crush who was also the boyfriend of his bully. Yeah. However, it only took one summer for everthing to change.

Notes: I just realized that ALMOST ALL of my Dorbyn oneshots have something to do with death or murder and istg I didn't plan that! So please enjoy this cute little Dorbyn.

Also I know this is waaay overdue but my assignments are killing me and I'm so sorry. This oneshot is longer than usual so I hope that makes up for it.

Okay, lastly I have nothing against people with braces, okay? Personally, I think they're cute :)

~*~*~*~

It's the last day, Daniel. It's the last day of school.

Daniel took a deep breath, and repeated those words over and over again in his head. He crouched down, and walked over to the trash can, taking out his book that Jonah just threw.

"Jonah, stop it. What is your problem?!" Daniel felt his lips twitched in a small smile as a familiar voice called out. Not a moment later pale hands were helping him pick his books out of the trash can.

Daniel looked up to see the smile and concerned baby blue eyes of Corbyn Besson.

"Hey, here you go," he handed his books over, "I'm so sorry you have to deal with this every day." The blonde looked so sad and guilty that his boyfriend was treating Daniel like shit, and the brunette got that but it was hardly his fault.

"It's fine. You're not the one who-"

"Babe! Let's go!" Jonah hollered way down the crowded hallway when he noticed his boyfriend's no longer beside him.

Corbyn turned around, the smile immediately wiped out of his face, "Not until you apologize!"

Jonah looked at him, then Daniel. He snorted a laugh before walking over to them. The older brunette swung an arm around Corbyn's waist. The blonde tried to shrug him off, but he gripped him harder.

"Apologize? To braces over here?" He laughed incredulously, "Baby, you're kidding."

Corbyn turned to fully face his boyfriend, "Do I look like I'm kidding, Jonah?"

The smile slowly slipped off the brunette's face. He rolled his eyes, and faced Daniel, "I'm sorry, Seavey." He rolled his eyes before dragging Corbyn away.

Once they were far enough, he turned back to Daniel, "Sorry that you're such a fucking pathetic piece of a scrawny ass loser!" he laughed along with his friends, ignoring Corbyn who was spitting curses at him.

Daniel, who was used to it, just sighed in resignation. However, he couldn't help the ache in his heart when he saw Corbyn looking at him with sadness all over his features before Jonah forcefully dragged him away.

It was always like that.

It was always Jonah making his life a living hell, Corbyn defending him as much as he can, and it always ended up with the blonde somehow in Jonah's arms. And every time Daniel asked Corbyn why he stayed with Jonah it was always the same answer.

He's not always like this, Daniel.

To be honest, Daniel didn't care if Jonah had been a saint or something a few years back. He was a fucking piece of shit now. A fucking piece of shit who didn't deserve Corbyn.