[Jorbyn] Talk

Ship: Jorbyn

Summary/plot: Jonah knew how to put people in their places, he knew how to throw a good punch, he knew how to beat people to the finish line, and he was an expert on keeping people away from him. Jonah knew a lot of things. But one thing he didn't know was how to talk to Corbyn Besson.

Notes: High school AU (again yes, sorry), Jonah's a senior while the others were juniors, and lastly this is another  cliché I'm sorry-

~*~*~*~

          Jonah leaned against his locker as he scanned the crowded hallway. The usual frown was not absent from his face. His hazel eyes were daring anyone to look at him for more than 2 seconds. No one was stupid enough to do so. Everyone knew who Jonah Marais was. Your everyday bad boy. He was quite hard to miss with his leather jacket, combat boots, and piercings. Not to mention his imposing height and stature.

Jonah was one intimidating motherfucker.

A hot one, definitely, but still. Girls and guys would fawn over him but none of them actually managed to turn his head. No one at the school had ever seen him with someone other than his friends, Jack Avery and Daniel Seavey, who were equally bad but not as intimidating. Those two were the only people he gave a fuck about in this school.

Or so they thought.

The brunette perked up when he spotted the familiar fluffy faux blonde hair heading towards the locker not far from his own. It was fortunate that the blonde's locker was across of his so it was easier for him to err...observe the younger boy from where he was standing. His hazel eyes never strayed from the other boy as he laughed at something that his friend, Zach, said. His laugh was one of the most precious things Jonah had ever known. The blonde was still smiling and chattering lightly with Zach as he looked around his locker.

Corbyn Besson was one cute bastard.

Jonah jumped when someone harshly slammed the locker beside him. "Good morning! I see you're currently taking your daily dose of stalking," Jack snickered next to him, Daniel appearing shortly behind him. Jonah narrowed his eyes at him before giving him a not-so-gentle punch to his abdomen. The curly haired boy doubled over in pain as the breath was knocked out of him. The tall blond behind him rolled his ocean blue eyes, "For fuck sake dude, just talk to him. This is getting real pathetic." The older just grunted, "Shut the fuck up, Seavey."

"He's right though," Jack wheezed. He slowly recovered from the pain before speaking up again, "Dude what are you so afraid of? You literally punch people every other day, and you basically stare death right in the face and spit on it when you race. Just fucking talk to the guy!"

They were all silent for a minute, waiting for Jonah's response.

Thankfully, the bell rang before he could. He pushed himself off the lockers, Jack's words echoing inside his head. The brunette shook it off and made his way to class.

But not before his eyes caught the sight of Zach Herron smirking at him.

~*~*~*~

At the end of the day Jonah, once again, ended up where he was that morning. Leaning against his locker. But this time, his eyes didn't wander around looking for a certain bean because the hallway was empty anyway. So he had his eyes glued to his phone.

"Hey, man. Thought you're gone already?"

Jonah just shrugged and didn't even look up at the sound of Daniel's voice. Jack was obviously near because these two were never far from one another. Jonah suspected that there was something going on between them. Maybe it's not official yet but it's kinda like a work in progress.