Chapter 28 : Too much pain

Max and Abigail were sitting at the kitchen table, Jane still sleeping. The blonde girl was stressing a lot, she managed to claim a file against Adam, and Moussa was amazing with her, but now, she had to go to appear before a judge for this affair and to face her assaulter. By luck, Troy was coming with her to give him his version.

- "You let Jane alone today?" asked Abigail.

- "Yeah...I don't like it but, I don't know, she was kinda okay yesterday and my boss told me I would be fired if I was missing another day because of her so, I don't really have the choice," pouted Max.

- "Troy gave me my day, after going to the court, I'll go directly here, to be sure she is okay."

- "Okay, thanks."

At the same moment, Jane appeared in the kitchen. She still didn't know what happened to Abigail, Max thought it wasn't the right moment to tell her, she wasn't ready.

- "How did you sleep?" asked Max.

- "I had better nights," grumbled Jane.

- "I didn't hear you."

- "I didn't scream."

Max nodded. She tried to caress her cheek, but the brunette refused the gesture by moving her head. Max didn't take it badly, it was like that for now, a day good and a day bad, she was still in the rollercoaster.

- "You know you can come to me when you have a nightmare, right?" said Max.

- "I don't need you to babysit me! Just fucking live your life!" got irritated Jane.

- "Take a breath, remember what your therapist told you."

- "I fuck my therapist, okay!? I don't give a fuck of what they think of me!"

Jane looked at Max with angry eyes, but the redhead didn't fade. She was sure it was because of a nightmare or something like that. The brunette stood and went back to her room, slamming all the doors behind her.

- "She is not in a good day," stated Abigail.

- "Not really...She will calm down and do what she is supposed to do."

- "And what is she supposed to do?"

- "She is supposed to tell me her nightmare, to not get angry, things like that, but it's easier in theory, I know how she is, it won't work in the twinkling of an eye!" explained Max. "She will certainly spend the day in her room so, there is nothing to worry about."

Abigail nodded. The two finished to get ready before leaving the apartment. Jane was now alone in her bed, facing the ceiling. It was so calm, too calm. She could feel the gun on her neck before being hit by it in her face and waking up in this basement. It was months ago, but she could still feel them raping her, see the dark place, hear Beverly screaming of fear, it was still inside her. The pain, the weakness, and the fear were still inside her, forbidding her to have other emotions, to think positively. And this nightmare, this fucking nightmare made things worse. She was alone in this. If the others were staying with her it was just because they had pity for her, not because they loved her. No one was loving her, and she couldn't hate them for this, she was so pathetic and stupid, even herself couldn't love her! She could end this. It wasn't hard. No one would miss her anyway.

She found some energy and got out of her bed. She opened her French door and went on the balcony. There was no one on the horizon; it was the perfect moment. She approached to the guardrail with a feeling of freedom and relief, like if it was the best and only thing to do. She took a chair and placed it against the barrier. She put her right foot on it and took a deep breath. She knew it was the right thing to do. She was going to put her other foot on it when she felt something against her left leg. She looked down and saw Cat rubbing against her and meowing to her. Jane frowned at him. She felt bad, it was like if her sister was sending her a message from where she was, through their cat. She instantly regretted what she was going to do and put off her foot from the chair before moving it away from the barrier. She took Cat in her arms and sat on the balcony, her back against the barrier.