CHAPTER 19 - PSYCHE

CH:19
PSYCHE
1/6/2020
2:31 PM

I awaken to Taiki poking me extensively. "Hey hey hey, you KO'd for a lil' bit there man. I mean I get it you had to nap but we're gonna be the last guys off!"

After expressing my apologies we manage to leave the tram. Paul was in a good mood though, seemed like Taiki managed to get him to open up. We talked a lot together whilst walking to the dorm. He was grinning and laughing left and right; as I did the same. His felt more genuine than I did though. My mask was still on.

We reached the dorm to find that Paul was on the first floor; we bid our goodbyes to him and went to the elevator.

"Hey Kaz, let's hang out with him sometime before we get results in."

I nod at Taiki. "Alright, I'm down. Not sure what I'll be up to though, thinking about a lot of things to do alone."

Taiki looked a little bummed at that comment. "I get it man... Just don't forget we're in this together now yeah?? All for one and one for all! Shinjoku Universi-tayy."

If only he could fully understand what I know.

After getting off the elevator and dropping off my stuff in the room I decide to head out again. It's still relatively early in the evening.

As I'm walking through the grove towards the terrace I hear what seems to be faint crying. Very faint distress. I turn to my left where the sounds originate from; somewhere off the beaten path. I shrug and trek in that direction.

Going a bit further, I found a girl, by the river. She looked familiar. Upon stepping on a twig she immediately turns. Her face... It's the woman from the elevator. Quickly turning around she buries her face.