CHAPTER 93 - GOOD FUTURE

CH:93

GOOD FUTURE
XX/XX/2020
XX:XX

I brush his hand off walking towards the center of the circle. "I'm not done yet." Reaching to the center I examine the base of the transmutation circle.

"Noki. I want to close this space off... So that no one can ever come back here."

He laughs, smiling. "Good choice! Yes, this will indeed create the true future. Surpassing your own self and desires... Surpassing time itself. You're an interesting young man."

Noki beckons me to back off, to which I do. He sits in the center of the circle with his legs crossed, looking at me.
"In order for the door to close, someone has to stay behind. That means me. Take Nami and the others back with you and don't look back."

"... Just like that? You don't want to say anything to Nami? I thought I could close this thing on my own with two Persona's... Right?"

Noki shrugs. "We had our time together, just like I wanted. She won't be able to forgive me and neither can I. This is how I complete my deed to atone for all that I've done."

His eyes sharpen. "As for that... Make sure you check your room thoroughly."

There was a moment of silence between us. I took a mental note of what Noki said. His gaze softens and he continues. "... I saw the future Kazuma. I could peer into Philemon's thoughts and... I know you saw it too didn't you?""Yeah. I saw everything.""Good. But uh... I have just one final request. Even if you don't end up with my daughter... Please... Watch out for her. Make sure she's safe."I get on one knee, putting my hand on Noki's shoulder. "Consider it done, father in law."He laughs at me, tears streaming from his face. "Goodbye, Kazuma.""See you later Mr. Sakumi."