CHAPTER 25 - FRAGMENTS

CH:25
FRAGMENTS
1/8/2020
8:45 AM

I rushed to the dorms. Taiki is probably freaking out. Sure enough, I see him sitting in the front of the dorms, head a bit low. I could definitely tell he was distressed. Paul was with him, maybe for moral support. I walk coolly over. "Yo guys."

They both looked at me like they've seen a ghost. "Kazuma-senpai! You loser! What happened two days ago man!?" He rushes to give me a hug. A little awkward only because I'm not used to affection.

Paul wiped a tear from his glasses. "Taiki and I assumed the worst. We're only glad we were wrong."

I look at them both. "Thank you, friends. I appreciate the concern... But... There's something we must discuss. Something of dire importance."

They both perk up at those words. I'm a serious guy; despite us being newfound friends I have to have some allies. After the fight with Negatsu I realized that battle just isn't something I can do alone at this level. Especially against trained killers.

We all head up to Taiki and I's room. There, I explained to Paul and Taiki everything that had taken place these past 6 days. Obviously they were in both disbelief and shock.

"Now... Let me show you what I mean." I grip my chest, and the aura showing Kikuri-hime appeared. They were both visibly stunned.

"T-T-That is incredible... Wow... Your wounds too. Those guys are some troublemakers..." Taiki expressed admiration.

"I am definitely impressed you took down some rough company Kaz... Well... We're here to help." Paul adjusted his glasses and nodded.

The both of them fully realized in me, now I will realize in them.
"You guys are true comrades. The only thing left is to see if you have the potential."