CHAPTER 11 - POTENTIAL

CH:11
POTENTIAL
1/5/2020
11:01 AM

I yawn and stretch out as the sunbeams hit my eyes. Finally some nice rest, however it's about time I get up and moving. As I awaken I see Taiki with headphones on, jamming out... Pretty hard it seems like. His head was 'super bobbing' as we call it back in the West. As I get up he notices from across on his newly set up area, and gives me the rad 'call me' hand sign, swiftly taking off his headphones.

"Suhhh dude! Good morning! Well it's only morning for the next hour... Soooo wanna grab some bruuunchhh?"

I'm a little unsure what to think of this. Taiki is only wearing his boxers and his backwards hat. I guess being mean to my roommate isn't very nice though. Also... It seemed as if he was waiting for me to eventually get up.

"Sure. Where should we go?"

Taiki looked extremely happy that I accepted and leaped up with massive energy.

"Let's hit up that one place by Kinko's... Uhhhh whatsitcalled..."

So he's familiar with the area. To an extent... I gather his mind.
"The sandwich place right? I think it's Goromesh. Let's give it a try."

~

Taiki gets dressed rather quickly and I sport my classic purple sweater. Once we're both ready we take to the halls, heading to the elevator.
"Soooooooo... Where are you from man?"

"I'm from the west coast of the United States. I decided to come here since my Uncle wasn't going to be around for the next year."

Taiki looks pretty slyly and nods multiple times.
"That is indeed dopeness! Mucho respect. I'm just your average kid from northern Japan... Man do I miss it."

"Why did you decide to come down to Shinjoku?"

Taiki looked a little off for the first time, shrugging. "No biggie. Wanted to escape for a minute!"

We took off towards the elevator and descended. Taiki had the biggest smile, and it seemed to be rubbing off on me already...