CHAPTER 29 - BLUE

CH:29
BLUE
1/8/2020
11:30 PM

Taiki and I awaken in our familiar bathroom. Blood marks from our passage through the mirror linger. I look down to see my burns are wrapped up and in the process of being treated already. Paul is stitching Taiki as he lays down in the bathtub. Personally I had no idea that he had this level of medical skill. I attempt to get up, but like a sixth sense Paul gives me a side-eye. "Hey Kaz-- Don't move yet. We have to let the ointment set in. Plus you'll slip and slide around the house. Too much blood... I'll work on cleaning it up..."

"So you're a surgeon?"

Paul goes back to his stitch work. "My mother taught me how to sew, and treat minor wounds. She was a nurse. The worse I've been through was stitching my dad's thigh from a bear attack."

I rest my head down back on the side of the bathroom cabinet. "That's a relief. Thanks for the help."

"Don't mention it..." Paul stammers. "It looks like whatever you've been through was rough. Oh-- And that sword. It's over in your stuff."

~

1/9/2020
2:10 AM

Seems I dozed off for a couple hours. I wake up on a soft cushion next to my bed and a note. The note was from Paul; "Hey Kaz, you fell asleep there in case you didn't notice so I took the liberty to clean up you and Taiki's space. Taiki is doing fine from his wounds, but I suggest you guys don't return to the Xenospace for a couple of days... And please let me know when! All the best, P."

I set the letter on my bed and roll over. Paul is a great asset; a real stand-up guy. Is he apart of the fragments Philemon suggested too? No matter. Results are on the 10th, and classes start the following day. Then, finally, on our day off... The 12th... Philemon predicted an event to take place.

Another matter still in my head as I lie there was the woman that saved me. It doesn't seem like I'm strong enough physically to go to through the secluded grove, let alone find it...